Zucchini Apple Spice Muffins
So the roommates, and all other girlfriends, were all out of town over the weekend. They went up to Aspen to drink, listen to Mumford & Sons, and make bad decisions. What you should do on a holiday weekend. Me, on the other hand, decided it was smarter to stay home and cook until I wanted to cry so I could get caught up with my cookbook. Problem with that is, the house gets creepy quiet and boring after a good 8-10 hours in one room or on the computer, with no other human interaction. I was bored, to say the least.
It wasn’t until Sunday night that I got an invite I couldn’t refuse. My friends Sarah and Brian, who I spent 6 days in Lake Powell with, called me a cab and got me to roam down to one of my favorite bars in Denver. Why is it my favorite bar? Because Sergio and I kill the dance floor every time we are there together. Anywho, when I walked into the bar, I knew it was going to be an interesting night. Mainly because 3 bottles of tequila had just been purchased and no one was making very good eye contact. I had been dreaming of a beer for days. Ok let’s be realistic, a cider beer. But that’s all I really wanted. A beer, and a buzz. So that’s exactly what I got. Along with 6-7 shots of tequila. Those things were being handed out like hot cakes.
I love hot cakes.
The next morning, in my attempt to figure out what had even happened, pictures surfaced. Whenever you half remember a night, it’s always a bit nerve racking when pictures pop up. It’s kind of like Vegas, you sometimes don’t want to know what happened. I wouldn’t know, I’ve never been to Vegas. But I can imagine. I have a small child brain. But I’ve had my fair share of Mexico trips, and I’ve seen some of those pictures. Thankfully one of those trips was before my days on Facebook. Remember back in the day, when Facebook didn’t exist? Yeah, me neither.
Anywho, moral of the story, I LOVED Sunday night. Even when Monday morning rolled around and I thought my stomach was turning inside out, I kept smiling. Mostly because I got to watch my guy friend, who will not be named, lose $100 betting he could do 15 double unders in a row. Oh and then he lost at credit card roulette…twice. Men are so entertaining while intoxicated.Print
Zucchini Apple Spice Muffins
- Yield: 9 1x
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (about 1 cup worth)
- 1 apple (I used gala), shredded (less than 1/2 cup worth)
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- So you first need to shred your zucchini. Use the shredding attachment on your food processor or take the long and boring route using a cheese grater. Whichever works.
- Once your zucchini is shredded, you need to remove the excess liquid. What I did was place a couple paper towels down on the counter, throw the zucchini on top, then place another paper towel on top of the zucchini then squeezed. The more you squeeze, the more liquid will come out. Genius.
- Use more paper towels as needed, but be sure to squeeze until the zucchini feels water-less.
- Place zucchini in a bowl.
- Now shred your apple. I left the skin on the apple and zucchini, but you don’t have to if you’re not a fan.
- Toss together your zucchini and apple in your bowl then add the rest of your ingredients and mix well.
- Place muffin mix in a greased muffin tin or with muffin liners or silicone muffin liners like I used!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes of until your toothpick comes out clean after you poke them!
- Top with a bit of coconut butter and you got heaven on your hands.
- Makes 9 muffins
More Muffins, Please!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!