Can we talk about New Girl right now!? If you haven’t watched the latest episode, shame on you, but look away RIGHT NOW!!
OMG Nick and Jess are finally getting together!! The last episode was fantastic. Mostly because Schmidt got stung on his face by a jellyfish while trying to catch a lionfish with a lacrosse stick. BUT the Jess and Nick thing was awesome. He’s so in love with her. I never thought my favorite show could get better, but once they threw love into the mix, I pledge to never EVER miss another episode. How many times have I said episode in this blog so far? Answer: too many times.
I went to the dermatologist yesterday. Instantly started crying. Poor derm lady. She had no idea what that appointment was about to bring in. Well it brought a mess of a grown woman, desperate for answers. I even wrote down a list of everything I’ve tried to help fix my skin. I just can’t take it anymore. I can’t look in the mirror anymore, my face constantly hurts, and I cry probably every two days out of frustration. No one should have to live their life like this. Time to take control.
On a lighter note, I’m going to get my nails AND toenails done next week. Yes, yes I am. I seriously haven’t gotten my nails or toenails done since high school. I never saw the point. The polish just came off, looked gross, then made your nails worse. BUT, since I will be doing a cooking presentation next week at PaleoFX, I thought I should try to make myself look more like a lady. I think I might even wear an apron, like one of those skirt aprons. Those things are adorable. And I want to try to fool people into thinking that I’m adorable. Little do they know. Can’t wait to see some of your there. What in the hell else am I going to wear other than an apron!? I just got instantly stressed.
OMG. I have found a new blog I love. And it’s a paleo blog! I usually only fall in love with non paleo blogs because they have way better food porn, but this one is awesome. And naughty. And I love me some naughty paleo food. I actually found her off of instagram while sitting at the dermatologist. The things you can find while bored. And I am so lucky to. Check out Clean Eating with a Dirty Mind. She’s pretty new so she doesn’t have a ton of recipes yet, but every single one she has looks stupid good. I’m kind of in love with her. Go check out her blog and give her some love on instagram @vanessabarajas. You’ll be happy you did.
Oh PS, who here is doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox? I swear, you can do it if I can. Especially if you have these cute little things stored in your fridge. It has a slight sweetness to it and the fat from the coconut oil and coconut butter keeps you full and satisfied. For real, make these.
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the pan. Once hot, add diced apples and begin to cook down, making sure they do not burn.
- Once apples are soft, add the cinnamon and a bit of salt.
- Now you need to get the coconut oil and coconut butter soft, so place both in a bowl and into the microwave for about 30 seconds, then mix with a spoon.
- Then add the sautéed apples to the bowl with coconut butter and coconut oil and mix well, adding a bit more cinnamon.
- Now use a spoon to scoop out 1-2 tablespoons of your chunky mixture into a silicone liner in a muffin tin. Repeat until mixture is gone. If you do not have silicone liners, use paper (they may just stick a little).
- Place in fridge for at least 20 minutes before eating. Also store in the fridge because they may want to melt!
- Makes about 9 discs.
- Enjoy the 21 Day Sugar Detox!