So the other day, when the Broncos game was starting, I decided I should probably watch at least 5 minutes of it. Mostly because it keeps me social. It seems that all of my friends like sports, or at least act like they like sports to fit in, and I like still having friends on Sundays. Since some of my friends were at a friend’s house watching the game, I decided I would first make some muffins for them. Making muffins would kill time within the first hour of the game and then my friends would enjoy my presence more since I brought them a gift. So I made these muffins on a whim, brought them over to their house, worked on my computer the rest of the game and still had friends! It was a win-win situation. And these muffins are freaking awesome. They might not puff up super high, but they are soft and sorry, moist, and delicious.
Even though I don’t like sports, I’ll definitely still be making some Super Bowl snacks for you next week. When I think about it, football isn’t football without snacks. And I love snacks. So I guess I kind of love football. Ok, not really. But I tried.
In other exciting news, I was extremely excited to get a new OvenArt silicone muffin pan in the mail the other day. I’ve used a ton of different silicone muffin liners, but this has to be my favorite. Especially since the pan is smooth so you don’t get any ridges in your muffins. That may be OCD, but it looks way better in pictures. And they look better when you’re handing them off to friends as bribery so they don’t care that you’re not partaking in sports watching activities. Anywho, I didn’t even grease the pan and they all popped out perfect. I love them. This is not some paid advertisement. I seriously want to make muffins and cupcakes all.the.time now.
I’m getting so excited to move into my new place!! I don’t move for a little longer but all I can seem to do is clean and pack. How is organizing so unappealing when you’ve lived somewhere for 3 years but so thrilling when you’re moving? I don’t get it.
- 3 bananas, mashed with a fork
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup 72% Eating Evolved Baking Chocolate, chopped into pieces (or other chocolate chips you like)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add eggs, maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Then add coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and powder and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Lastly, fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into 9 cups of a silicone muffin pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool before removing from silicone pan.
More Muffins, Please!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!