I don’t want to toot my own horn, buuuut TOOT TOOT. That sounded like that coffee commercial with the creep guy with straggly blonde hair. Instead it’s with a creep female with straggly brown hair. So much less creepy. But for real, these are delicious. And way easier to make than you’d think.
The guy next to me at the coffee shop is talking to himself saying that he hates this place and America. Much more cursing was involved in that conversation to himself. Good ole’ Denver.
So my hips have officially shut down. That sounds weird. But for real. I can’t squat. My hip flexors and hips won’t allow me to. I stretch them everyday, I use a lacrosse ball, I get them popped and poked at, and they just don’t work. I take long car rides somewhere and can barely walk afterwards because they hurt so bad and are so tight. It’s hard enough to air squat but when I try to squat with any weight, I can’t even get out of the squat. It’s crazy. I’ve never experienced anything like this. I don’t know how I could have injured both hips, but they are pissed. And I am frustrated. I’m heading to Lake Powell soon and I want to do some workouts on a paddleboard. I saw at the Big Sky competition, they did a 21-15-9 of overhead squats with the paddle on a paddle board and push ups. How fun is that? Super fun! I’m going to have to squat like the old days, above 90 degrees. How boring. Shucks.
I hate that I have an obsession with horizontal stripes on workout shirts. And going out shirts. So really, any shirt. They really do nothing for me. Oh wait, yes they do. They embarrass me. But I can’t stop purchasing them. I need a personal stylist.
I got a kimchi burger with tempura avocado from Park Burger last night. I’m so naughty. It was delicious. Kimchi is so good. I once had a boyfriend whose mom was Korean and would take us to these amazing Korean restaurants where I had no idea what anything was on the menu. The pictures didn’t help either. So his mom would order and everything would turn out fantastic. Not knowing what your eating can be so invigorating. Frightening, but invigorating. Anyways, she would even make kimchi for my parents. Adorable. And so fancy. Kind of.
I leave for Lake Powell tomorrow. NBD!!!
For the crust
- 5 dried dates, pitted
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the toppings (part one)
- 2 teaspoon coconut milk/water
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
For the toppings (part 2)
- Place dates in food processor and pulse to break down into pieces.
- Then add almond butter, coconut, honey, vanilla extract and salt and pulse turn on to blend until ingredients are well combined.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper, add ingredients from the food processor and press down until even throughout. Place in freezer while finishing the rest of the ingredients.
- Scoop out the coconut cream that has settled at the top of your canned coconut milk and place in the bowl and back in the fridge.
- Place 2 teaspoons of coconut milk/water that is at the bottom of the can, into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add raspberries, blackberries, honey and lemon juice in the pan and mix together. Let simmer for less than 5 minutes or until the berries become just slightly soft. You don't want a soup. Let cool.
- Now mix together the coconut cream, honey, and vanilla extract in the bowl that you placed in the fridge.
- Once the berries have cooled, finishing the layers. Add the coconut milk mixture on top of the crust, spread out evenly, then pour the berries on top, once again evenly.
- Place in the freezer for 1+ hours to harden a bit. And serve.
- *To store these, store them in the fridge. The coconut milk will melt fast.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!