Posted by http://paleomg.com/caramelized-onion-bacon-cream-cheese-dip/
© 2018 PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes. All rights reserved.
Caramelized Onion Bacon Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 8oz container of almond milk cream cheese*
- 1 5oz container of almond milk greek yogurt*
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 4 tablespoon bacon fat, divided
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- plantain chips
- sweet potato chips
- bell peppers slices
- cucumber slices
- Place cream cheese on the counter to soften and come to room temperature.
- Add bacon to a pan and cook until crispy. Set aside and pour bacon fat in a jar, leaving behind 2 tablespoons in the pan.
- Add onions to the pan with the bacon fat and cook for 6-8 minutes, until soft and brown. Then add garlic cloves and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons bacon fat, diced bacon, onion, and all the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Cover and set in fridge for 30 minutes or longer.
- Serve with chips and chopped veggies!
*I used Kite Hill brand to make this recipe completely dairy and soy free!