I’ve been sitting on this recipe for weeks waiting to share it with you guys and it’s been driving me crazy because it’s seriouslysodeliciousandyouneedtomakeitrightnow. If you’re a fan of coffee and if you’re a fan of cookies, you’re gonna want to have this ice cream in your freezer at all times. I’ve kept it in a huge bowl in my freezer and keep nibbling on it here and there and it gets even better with time. Not really, but you know what I mean. It is just so good, so stop reading this and just make it, ok?
Guess what day it is? GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS! It’s Juli’s going to Mexico day!! Everyone celebrate! Go drink a margarita at your desk for me. We decided that a last minute trip to Mexico was in order since we didn’t do any vacations this summer. And I’m so glad we booked it because I leave for book tour soon and I will miss my man, especially since that means I’ll be on the road for 20 days straight. Holy moly. I’ve never traveled for that many days in a row. That’s a lot of baggage.
How cool would it be to be a travel blogger? I follow this one blogger who literally just travels to these crazy lavish places in crazy amazing hotels and then blogs about it. She literally gets paid to eat gelato while on a safari ride. How rad is that? Just a disclaimer: I’m not even 1% sure that’s true, but that’s what I picture from her instagram account. Social media is funny that way.
Speaking of paradise, do you watch Bachelor in Paradise. Fudge I love those shows. And this season has been kind of whatever. Ashley cried like a million times and it wasn’t much fun to look at. Then people fell in love within 6 minutes of their first date. Just really realistic things happened. But did you guys just die a little inside when Kirk broke up with Carly? I want to be best friends with her and sing with her on a cruise ship. Eff you Kirk, we don’t need you. We just need a carton of ice cream, then a personal trainer, then a new wardrobe to show off your hot new bod because you be getting ALL the guys, Carly. I’m here for you girl. I’ll cut Kirk if you need me to. Unless you guys get back together and have strawberry blonde babies, then I’m totally supportive. I’m the best kind of friend to have.
Ok, I’m leaving for Mexico, byyyyyye. But don’t you worry, I have ANOTHER recipe for you tomorrow and a really special Fashion Fridays post for you on Friday! Stay tuned, buttercup.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, add coconut milk, cold brew, and maple sugar. Whisk continuously until sugar melts and everything is combine.
- Then in a bowl, whisk together egg yolks for about 1 minute.
- Pour egg yolks into saucepan and continuously whisk for 3-4 minutes. When you have 1 minute left, add the vanilla extract and instant coffee powder and continuously whisk.
- Lastly, pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Once strained, cover and place in refrigerator to cool for 1-2 hours.
- While ice cream cools, make cookies then let cool and chop into small bit size pieces.
- Once ice cream mixture is cool, follow directions on ice cream maker to make ice cream. When ice cream has become thick (which is about 15-20 minutes with my ice cream maker) pour in cookie pieces to let churn with ice cream for about 30 seconds until incorporated. Serve immediately or place in closed container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.