OMG. Did you miss me? I thought about not posting and just sleeping for days instead, but what the hell would you eat for dessert this week?? And what would I eat for dessert?!?! That’s the real question. I hope you’re pumped for this recipe because it made me extremely happy. I kind of want to just post desserts all week after strict eating before Regionals. Strict eating made me slightly forget how much I love sweets, but don’t worry, I re-grew that part of my brain back on Sunday at Five Guys Burgers and Sweet Action Ice Cream. BOOM.
Ok, here’s my issue. Most posts I talk about what I did over the weekend. But most weekends aren’t Regionals…THE BEST WEEKEND OF THE YEAR. And I obviously have to have a post dedicated to this specific weekend. So I’ll kind of just recap.
Here’s how the weekend played out.
- I couldn’t eat anything the first day because I was so nervous.
- I couldn’t smile because I thought I was going to crap myself pretty much every second of the day.
- I got a personal record in my Diane time. Not crazy fast like the ladies in my heat, but I was pumped about it!
- I ate a ton more food the second day. Thank the lord for John at the Paleo Wagon and of Simply Pure Nutrients or I would have had absolutely no energy.
- I got the god damn 70lb dumbbell over my head. 40 times!!
- I got a personal record in my snatch. Did a happy dance. Then cried tears of pure joy. Not even joking.
- I drank more coconut water than I knew possible.
- I found out the heating area is a place you’re suppose to be serious in….I suck at that rule.
- I finished all my muscle ups.
- I met a bunch of people who read my blog!!
- I ached.
- I cheered.
- I laughed.
- I smiled.
- I drank a lot of Americanos.
- After the competition, I consumed gluten. In the form of a bun. It.was.epic. But I was ridiculously sick the rest of the night. Sergio regrets hanging around.
- And no, no CrossFit man asked me out. The bastards.
This weekend was absolutely the best weekend of my life. Hands down. Best people, best moments, best crowd. Everything was perfect. And I truly couldn’t be happier. Can’t wait to share all about it on Friday!
I missed a lot on Pinterest this weekend.
But I got Instagram!! Follow me @paleomg!
Now for food. Holy balls I love dessert.
- 1 cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4-5 heaping tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- a handful of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or your choice of dark chocolate chips
- extra sprinkle of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add your coconut oil to a food processor. It doesn't have to be melted so don't you worry your little heart about melting it down!
- Then add your almond butter, unsweetened shredded coconut, vanilla extract, and honey and just a small pinch of salt.
- Mix all ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour half the ingredients into a bread pan and use a spoon to spread out evenly. It doesn't matter what size bread pan you use. The smaller it is, the taller your fudge will be and vise versa.
- Place in freezer to harden.
- Then place food processor bowl back on the motor and add your cocoa powder. Add 1-2 tablespoons at a time, mixing as you go to make sure you don't use too much.
- Once cocoa powder is incorporated in, add a pinch of salt, mix thoroughly, then pour your chocolate fudge on top of your now hardened light fudge.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and a bit of salt and place is freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut into chunks.
- Eat the chunks.
- Store the leftover chunks in the fridge.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!