This should really be called “I don’t know what to make so I used anything I had in my fridge-throw together”. Because that’s what it is. I had a ton of leftover junk in my fridge, I got hungry, so I utilized. I’m one awesome utilizin’ son of a b.
I played kickball again this week. And sucked ass. The good looking men on my team were most likely disappointed. Especially Tommy who asked me to be on his team because he thought I was athletic. Poor guy. He never knew what was coming. Bruises on my ankle. That’s what was coming. And strikes. I suck at kickball. At least there are extremely good looking females on our team, as well. Cool ass, good looking females to be exact. It’s funny, even though every time we go into the outfield we need 4 women playing, the guys still have to yell at us to get onto the field. The rules never change…but we all stand there on the side hoping to go unnoticed. Never happens. Bummer.
I want to do fun things this weekend. Other than laundry. Fun things meaning sit in the park and read the second book of the Hunger Games while people watching in between. So creepy. So weird. But sounds sooooo right.
Maybe I’ll make desserts too. I’m trying to limit my dessert intake leading up to Regionals. I’m pretty much trying to limit my food intake for a while. My body and hormones have been a bit screwed up for a while now and are finally getting back to normal (hopefully), but I’ve found that I don’t really need to eat a ton of food to thrive from. Therefore, my meals are somewhat sad looking. And I feel deprived. Screw you body! SCREW YOU!
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced
- 1 container of sliced mushrooms (about 6-8 oz)
- ½lb Grass Fed Beef
- 5 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon choice of fat (I used duck fat)
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice and dice everything so it’s ready to go.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add your choice of fat and minced garlic to the pan.
- When the garlic becomes fragrant, add your sweet potatoes, yellow onion, poblano pepper, and mushrooms. Cover and let cook for around 3 minutes.
- Then add your beef and break up with a wooden spoon or spatula. Cover and let meat cook through- about 3-5 minutes.
- Once beef is almost cooked through, crack yours eggs directly into the pan and add your herbes de provence and salt and pepper.
- Use your spoon to break up the eggs and help them cook through as well as incorporate all the seasonings.
- Once eggs are cooked through, taste to make sure it has enough salt and seasonings and add more if needed!
- Then serve!