This isn’t really a pie. There’s no crust. But I cut it out in the shape of a slice of pie. Therefore, it’s a breakfast pie. Don’t fight me on this one.
Have you guys seen the commercials for Krave cereal? The things I would have done to that cereal when I was younger. Bad, bad things. Chocolate inside the cereal? Stupid. Just stupid. I bet it tastes like heaven. Or eating a chocolate bar for breakfast. Which is my heaven.
I’m obsessed with food trucks right now. I can’t help it. They taste just so damn good. Check out @quieroarepas on Twitter and start following them everywhere they go, if you live in Denver. Seriously, I want to live in an arepa.
Ok, so I need to talk about the sad/happy times that occurred over the weekend. My friend Justin recently decided that San Fransisco was a better place to live than Denver. Understandable. I’ve only wanted to move to California like 67 times. So when he had to leave on Sunday at 9pm to venture off to his new home, we decided throwing him a party starting at noon on Saturday and not ending until 2am Sunday was the best decision. These are the best kinds of parties. Mostly because it included almost everyone from our Lake Powell trip, plus some that missed out. So it was like we were back in Powell again. Or at a frat party during hazing week. Is that a real thing? Whatever. All everyone wanted to do was get Justin drunk as could be. Then do mean things to him. Not actually mean, just kind of mean. Like smash cake in his face. Or pick him up and spin him around like a rag doll in hopes of him puking. Guys are so weird.
He never puked. And he ate the cake off his face.
But the best part of it all was that we ended up at my favorite bar downtown where we took over the dance floor. Seriously took it over. I’m pretty sure people outside of our group got pushed. I watched some girl get taken out at the legs when the guys decided it was smart to tackle each other. Either way, it was awesome. So much jumping. I think I lost a toe nail. Ew. They even played this song which is pretty much my favorite song of the week. So dumb, but so catchy. It sounds like he’s saying condom style. My favorite part is at 1:55. You can skip to that part.
It was honestly a fantastic night. I kissed Justin on the cheek probably 26 times and I’ve probably only hugged him a total of 12 times in my life. I haven’t known Justin for very long, but somehow still love the guy. Justin, I hope San Fransisco is everything you had hoped for and more. And we will all miss the sh*t out of you back here. I plan on visiting you soon, taking over your apartment, and CrossFitting at your new gym. Deal? Deal. And if anything, we can reunite next year in the water of Lake Powell. 85 footer anyone?
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1 sweet potato or yam, shredded
- 1lb US Wellness Meats Pork Sausage, broken up
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- any extra veggies you want to put in there: peppers, squash, etc.
- I greased my crockpot with a bit of coconut oil to make sure none of the egg stuck to it.
- Shred your sweet potato. I used the shredding attachment on my food processor to make it super quick, but you could use a grater as well.
- Add all ingredients to your crockpot and use a spoon to mix well.
- Set it and forget it!! I stole that tagline. I'm gonna get sued. Eeeek.
- Place on low for 6-8 hours. I cooked it for more than 7 to make sure the pork sausage was completely cooked through.
- Slice it like a pie. Because I said so.