OMG am I pumped about this recipe! You know why? Because I got a beautiful cast iron skillet from the Goodwill by my house and finally figured out something to cook in it! If I could cook anything in it, it would be a giant chocolate chip cookie that came out all b*tchin’ hot and was topped with vanilla bean ice cream. That’s what I would make. But instead, I made a protein-on-protein-on-veggie dish. I’m cool with that. It’s that time of the month though, so some kind of throw down with dark chocolate is going to have to occur at some point. That’s just how it is.
MY COUSIN GOT ENGAGED OVER THE WEEKEND!!! How exciting is that? I know I’m all negative about love 24/7, but she really loves this man and it’s adorable. I’ve never even met him and it’s a shame, especially because they live on the beach in Florida. That’s the real shame…that I’m not half nude on the beach getting a wicked good thong bikini tan line. Ugh, ew. I just threw up in my mouth with that image. Anywho, I’m super excited for them. Fingers crossed they get married on the beach! Congrats you two, you’re a good looking couple, and that’s all that really matters in the end.
Oh I forgot to tell you about our kickball tournament. How could I forget such a thing!? Oh probably because we lost our first game. Meaning we were out of the tournament within the first hour. Going to the bars on a Saturday night when you’re suppose to play kickball in the sun the next morning is a terrible idea. I kept getting distracted. With the grass. And the want to do handstands instead of looking for flying balls. Laura and I are going to practice handstands in the park this weekend for Memorial Day. Mainly because we don’t have any outdoor games. We gotta utilize what we got…which is poor upside down control.
I think I almost lit the house on fire the other day. No joke. All in the hopes of making a delicious recipe. I’m thinking it’s time to clean out the grill…because it was on fire. It melted my aluminum foil. I didn’t even know that was possible. Thank gosh I didn’t have the opportunity to cover myself with foil in a fire. That decision would have failed me. What I’m getting at is you should follow me on instagram @paleomg. If you do follow me, you’ve hopefully already seen my omgmygrillisonfire, holyballsthealuminumfoilismelting, butistillgottagetapicevenifthehouseisonfire pic. No? Whatever.
- 12 whole eggs, whisked
- 6-8oz of salmon (or more. don't be shy.)
- bundle of asparagus, ends cut off
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice (I used olive oil)
- aluminum foil, for the grill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Light that grill of yours!
- Whisk your eggs in a large bowl.
- Salt and pepper your salmon and place on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Place asparagus spears on a separate piece of aluminum foil and pour a tablespoon of fat over the spears and then top with salt and pepper.
- Place both pieces of aluminum foil on the grill to cook.
- Flip both the spears (just move them around a bit) and salmon after about 4-6 minutes to cook on other side.
- Do not light aluminum foil on fire.
- Once the food is cooked, let cool for just a second then roughly chop your salmon and asparagus. I cut the asparagus into thirds then tour apart the salmon with my bare hands. MY BARE HANDS.
- Throw into your bowl of whisked eggs, then add your garlic and onion powder, and thyme and basil, and top it all off with a bit more salt and pepper.
- Pour into a cast iron skillet and bake for 18-20 minutes or until middle of frittata is completely cooked through.
- Serve with something on top, like an avocado. Effin delish.
If you don't have a cast iron skillet, cook in a greased glass baking dish.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!