I need to get my nails done. Like, bad.
Who thought up, ‘you know, I want John Travolta to play the mom in the movie Hairspray’? So strange. And uncomfortable.
So on Monday, I posted a lil’ picture on instagram of the food I was eating at my favorite restaurant Cuba Cuba with the special man in my life. I even tagged him in it. Only because his instagram is private and you have to request to follow him. So once I posted it, he got 16 follow requests. All from women that he didn’t know. HA! We are nosy sons of b*tches, aren’t we ladies? I know I sure am. I once stalked How Sweet It Is blog for an hour trying to find a picture of her husband that she always talked about. That’s weird. But thanks for creeping on my boyfriend. He’s real good lookin’, I promise you!
I wish I had a Trader Joe’s.
I’m in a slight depression that I have to wait the entire summer to see ‘Shameless’ again.
WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING ON WITH THIS SNOW!?!?!? This time last year, I was in a sun dress in the park, watching people play volleyball since I’m too uncoordinated to play along with them. I’d like to be doing that again. But no, instead I am heating my car up for 15 minutes since my ice scraper is broken. Then getting parking tickets because I’m too lazy to put my boots and snow jacket back on to fill the meter. I love to bathe in my own self pity on times. Obviously. The sun will be here soon and life will be lovely. With sundresses. LOTS of them.
Speaking of sundresses, I just bought four new ones. One from Victoria Secret and one from ModCloth. If shorts won’t fit me, at least sundresses will. And that’s what I will wear the entire summer. Not sure what I’m going to workout in, but it’s looking like naked is going to be my only option.
I want a cookie.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large yellow plantain (still slightly green - should not be mushy or soft), peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound cooked and shredded chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoon raw honey
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and minced garlic.
- Once garlic has become fragrant, add the diced plantains to the hot pan and cook on all sides until the become slightly crispy and light brown.
- Then add your cooked and shredded chicken to the pan to crisp up.
- Season chicken and plantains with garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper.
- Once plantains and chicken are crispy, remove from heat.
- Dice up red onion and celery, place in a large bowl along with the dijon mustard and raw honey, then mix in the plantain and chicken.
- Add a bit more salt and pepper as needed.
- Eat up you happy bastard you.