This is a super complicated recipe. Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you. If you are slow and don’t know how to turn on a food processor, you are doomed and you disappoint me. Wow, that was mean. Everything I just said was a lie too. This is the least complicated “recipe” that will ever be on my blog. It’s really not even a recipe.
I always wondered how coconut butter was made. I mean, the label on the delicious Artisana Coconut Butter says raw, organic coconut…so HOW DO THEY DO IT? Well, my favorite blogger of all time, Jen from Jen’s Gone Paleo posted on her fbook a few months ago of how she made her own coconut butter. Hold the phone, HOLD THE FREAKING PHONE. I was in coconut heaven as soon as I read her post…and what did I do then and there…I made the most delicious thing to touch these little lips of mine. And I packaged it in a super fancy mason jar with an elaborate label, as you can see. I could sell this shit for millions, MILLIONS I tell you! That is untrue.
But seriously, if you haven’t started looking into coconut and it’s amazing powers, you need to update yourself and start consuming it regularly. Coconut flakes are my new favorite snack, it kind of tastes like nothing but is still somehow extremely delicious. Make sense? Yeah…it doesn’t make sense to me either. Either way, make coconut butter. Be happy. Smile a lot. And then make more of it.
- 1 package coconut flakes**
- A food processor
- Open bag–I seem to always need scissors. Guess I need to add in more wods. Damnit.
- Pour coconut flakes into food processor.
- Put the lid on your food processor–very important step!
- Turn food processor on.
- Make some kind of meal while your food processor runs for 8-10 minutes. If it sounds like the blade is just spinning and not mixing anything, open the lid back up and scrape the sides of the coconut. Help your food processor out here, it can’t do ALL the work! Lazy.