OMG. O.M.G. Sonic has sweet potato TOTS. Yes, I know they are caked in weird stuff and fried in weirder stuff, but it doesn’t make me want them any less. I want to make sweet love to those sweet potato tots and consume a gallon of ketchup along with them. Sweet potato fries and tots are something that literally doesn’t fill me up. I could eat an entire basket full at any restaurant, and still want more. Bet me. I’ll show any bro up in a sweet potato tot eating contest.
Hence why I made this post.
OMG guess what? I have a new obsession. The Hunger Games. Yep, I hopped on that bandwagon. But I needed to see what all the excitement was about. And having 12+ hours on an airplane makes reading quite enjoyable. I never get to read. I’m blogging instead of reading. Typing instead of consuming my brain with a fictional wonderland. I love fictional wonderlands. Avatar. Twilight. Now the Hunger Games. I’m down like Charlie Brown. And I love thrilling love stories. I’m still in this child-like thought that there is a prince charming out there for me. So these books are effing great for intensifying those hopes and dreams. So childish. So naive.
So guess what I did?! I saw the movie right after I read the book. Yep. I made Dom go to a movie with me. He’s such a kind soul, and patient person. It was pretty good. Stayed pretty true to the book. Except Katniss braid wasn’t down her back. Yeah, that was what annoyed me the most. I’m so dumb. But I cannot wait to read the second book now. Like, OMG, I’m pumped enough I’m going to go buy the book this weekend. I should get a kindle. Not really, that’s a waste of money for my world. I read 1 book a year, if I’m lucky. So I guess the last time I was lucky was my junior year of college when I read all 4 Twilight books pretty much within a month.
Wanna know something extra cool about Dom? He gave me this ketchup bottle. No big deal. Just the most handy gift I’ve ever been given. When he gave it to me, I knew I would someday make paleo ketchup and store it in my fridge in this little handsome bottle. Genius man, he is. I told you that practical gifts are the best kinds. If you would rather have flowers over a kitchen utensil, you’re high.
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced in matchsticks
- 1-2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- pinches of salt
- Coconut Oil Spray
- 2 (6 oz) cans tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut end off sweet potatoes, then cut in half lengthwise, then cut strips of the halves, then cut them into matchsticks. (see picture below)
- Place parchment paper down on a baking sheet and spread sweet potatoes out. Spray with coconut oil then sprinkle with rosemary and salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While your sweet potatoes are baking, pull out a medium sized saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Add your broth, tomato paste, and apple cider vinegar and mix to combine.
- Then add your spices and salt.
- Let simmer for around 5-7 minutes under low heat. We don't need no tomato explosions.
- Let cool then place in a sweet, extra cool squeeze bottle. Duh.
- Now dip your fries in your ketchup you dummy.