I have clever recipe names this week. I’m just really creative. And clever. This hash has everything but the kitchen sink in it. HAHAHAHA. So funny. I’m so funny. Anyways, this was delicious.
So big things are happening in my life right now. Well, not really, but I’m starting to actually be able to do butterfly pull ups. Mine do not look like Chris Spealler’s in the video. Not even close. I feel like I’m pulling my arms out of socket and my hands are going to tear off. My hands pretty much look like sh*t. But I’m pressing on. Jake and I have decided to master the butterfly pull up because we both blow at them and want to be badasses. Well, he thinks he is a badass already, so I guess I’m alone in that want.
Speaking of Jake, he is my celebrity guest post this Friday. You may have heard me talk about him before because I spend pretty much every day in the gym with him. I’ve cried to him, I’ve whined to him, I’ve almost peed myself laughing with him. He’s pretty awesome. And definitely one of my best guy friends. I know, I know, I can’t seem to figure out who my best friend is but Laura, Sergio, and Jake are my top 3. Not having even one of them in my life would be silly. Jake is my man’s man. He makes me lift heavy things, very quickly. He’s pretty much the main reason my ass is 4x bigger than it used to be. Jake’s a man’s man. He likes bro stuff. So his post will be interesting. He told me he will absolutely not talk about loving me like Laura and Sergio did. Bastard.
Anywho, let’s talk about food. The other day, while Jake and I were doing butterfly pull ups, a man from Difranco’s came in to give us some samples of their pasta dishes at their restaurant. The fun thing about this pasta is that it is made by Cappello’s which is a gluten and grain free pasta! Not paleo per se, but absolutely delicious. AND I didn’t feel like sh*t after I ate it. I have an incredibly sensitive stomach and Cappello’s didn’t bug me at all! If you’re going to poop yourself and talk sh*t because it’s not perfect paleo, keep to yourself. I don’t care. This was great for me and I know there are some people out there who are gluten free and may love this. AND they are Colorado locals! Gotta support the local companies, especially delicious ones!
- 1lb chorizo
- ½lb leftover chicken, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed and diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato or yam, diced
- 1 package of button mushrooms, sliced
- sprinkle of garlic powder and onion powder
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Add chorizo to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Use a spatula to break up your chroizo and cook it until it's completely cooked through.
- Use a slotted spoon and place cooked chorizo in a bowl while you cook the rest of your meal.
- Place onions and sweet potatoes in your leftover chorizo grease and seasonings. Stir and cover to cook down and steam, stirring randomly.
- Once your sweet potatoes begin to soften, add your yellow bell pepper and poblano pepper and stir to let cook down. After about 4-5 minutes, add your mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms are soft, add your cooked leftover chicken and chorizo back to the mix, and add your seasonings and salt and pepper (you won't need much because of the chorizo seasonings leftover in your pan).
- Keep stirring your hash around until sweet potatoes are cooked to liking and flavors are completely incorporated.
- Top with avocado and eat up!
More Breakfast Ideas:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!