I took that picture with my Mac. NBD. I actually took that for Sergio. Sent him an email so he wouldn’t forget what I looked like. I haven’t heard back from him. He’s obviously disappointed.
So when I asked you all what you wanted me to talk about in my post for today, it was all over the place. From CrossFit, to Thanksgiving food, to my favorite places in Denver. Why the hell wouldn’t you all be thinking the same thing?! Effin A. So I’m just going to write and see what comes out.
But before I forget, I should show you three pictures. From Halloween. I forgot to the other day. The first is Laura and I dressed up. She’s a raver (she even had Altoids as ecstasy. if you don’t think that’s funny, you’re a bore). And I’m a poor constructed Audrey Hepburn. My friend told me that I was too big to play that role. Shucks. The next pictures are from what I ate the next morning to cure my hangover. It included corn tortillas, cheese, eggs, pork sausage, and potatoes. Divine. Like OMG I want to eat this for every meal for the rest of my life. Yeah, I was probably still intoxicated.
Ok so let’s start with CrossFit: CrossFit and I have had a tough relationship lately. After running into some injuries, I’ve been annoyed with my crappy workouts and always feeling, well, crappy. So I’ve taken a step back from CrossFit and started to concentrate on some of the things that are more important to me right now…like my cookbook. No, that does not mean I have stopped CrossFitting. I’m still CrossFitting 6 days a week. But instead of doing multiple strength sessions a day and/or multiple workouts in a day, I’m doing one strength and one workout. Getting it all done in an hour. And well, I FEEL so much better. Can’t explain to you how much less my body hurts. And I also PR’d twice in the last two weeks since taking it easy. My body needed a rest and it needed time away to help me remember how much I love CrossFit and need it in my life. So that’s how I feel about CrossFit right now.
In the meantime, I’m getting my cookbook done (which will be released in April-pre0rders in December) and hanging out with friends. Like this weekend. There are birthdays going on all over the place, so my lady friends and I will be spending time grabbing some drinks and gossiping. I like hanging out with ladies from the gym. Especially over cocktails. Should be a blast. That being said, someone asked if I would recommend some spots to go to while visiting Denver. I suck with this, mostly because I don’t go out. And when I do, they’re to quiet bars that I look like an idiot dancing at. Like Stoney’s, that bar is not super busy, but I always have so much fun. Or Irish Rover. Or Pub on Pearl. I have never gone there, but my friends like it. As for downtown, well, I don’t go downtown. Because I don’t get that fancy. I like spandex and boots. That’s all I got to work with.
As for food in Denver, I only frequent a couple places. Devil’s Food. Finely’s Pub. Park Burger. Wild Eggs (for hungover food). Snooze (for super naughty food). And then mmm…Coffee and Sugar Bake Shop for almond milk chai’s and paleo muffins/treats.
Now let’s talk about Thanksgiving food. Don’t you worry your cute little faces off, I will be posting Thanksgiving recipes STARTING NEXT WEEK!! Yes, that’s right. Thanksgiving food which will include side dishes, desserts, snacks, and even a couple entrees. I will not be cooking a turkey. Because that’s probably my least favorite part of Thanksgiving. But I will be playing dress up with some meat. That sounded dirty. But you know what I mean. No? I’ll be making some kind of cool entree with meats. I’ll give you some ideas of what’s to come. Pecans. Cranberries. Meat. Walnuts. Apples. Sausage. Sweet Potatoes. Cauliflower. Ok, I’m bored. Don’t worry though, I got you. Now I just need to figure out what the hell I’m going to do with all this food. I need Sergio back here.
Now let’s talk about stuff I dislike and love right now. Because I want to.
- Plantain Chips. Yes, still.
- My stolen car being found. I really love that a lot.
- Sheaberry solid lotion bars. That sh*t is cool. And smells like heaven. And doesn’t leave a greasy residue. Boom.
- My donut pan. I made apple fritters in that donut pan of mine. Which will be your recipe on Monday. And can be your Thanksgiving breakfast. Double boom.
- Kombucha. Nuff said.
- Scarves. I can’t seem to ever have enough.
- Sock buns. Don’t know what that is? Google it ya dummy.
- Not having coffee. Well, I don’t love it, but I don’t really mind it. I didn’t have coffee for 30 days and it didn’t bother me. I gave it up to see if it would help with my acne. Which I’m not totally sure if it made a difference or not. Either way, I still had tea, which had caffeine in it, but not having coffee was fine. That being said, I’m getting a latte today. I’m just feeling it.
- My acne getting slowly and slowly better. I don’t think many people notice it, but I can TOTALLY tell the difference and it’s making me really happy. I’ve been doing the Oil Cleansing Method with a mixture of castor and grapeseed oil to wash my face, and coconut oil to moisturize my face, and it’s been amazing. I also cut out nuts completely and most sweets. I like to mess around with different chocolates. Getting my thrills where I can. Either way, I’m only wearing bronzer today, no concealer. That’s HUGE.
- Hyperextending my elbow during a 5 rep max overhead squat. If you’re not sure what that feels like, it ain’t good.
- The thought of dating. I was all gun hoe (is that how you spell that? is that even a real word or did I just talk about guns and hoes like a rap song?) Either way, I’m over it. Men are about as reliable as my car is right now. And I don’t have a car so…..you get what I’m throwin’ down?
- Ok, I don’t really hate that much.
What are you loving right now?