Ok it’s time to talk about the big time sh*t that went down this past week. Well, not exactly big sh*t, BUT I cried my eyes out like it was. On Thursday, while I was packing for my trip to Chicago, my computer decided it didn’t want to work anymore. And if you haven’t noticed, I have most of my entire life on my computer. Not only do I run my blog on my computer, but I’m also writing a cookbook on my computer. I can only do so much from my sad little droid. I know I know, I need an Iphone. I get it.
So when my computer decided to leave me extremely single, I lost it. I mean, LOST.MY.SH*T. I couldn’t stop crying…I couldn’t breathe…I was having an all out anxiety crying fit. It was like my teenage days, when a girl called me a whore and threw a frosty at me. Yes, that did happen. No, not Glee style. She was in a moving car and I was walking home. Not a face shot. You can imagine my hormonal anguish. So, just like high school, my dad came to the rescue to make things better. He let me borrow his computer. Messed with my computer. And made sure my back up hard drive was working. My dad is a saint. He seriously has a calming affect on me. I love that man.
Anywho, the biggest reason I was pooping myself on Thursday was because I was absolutely freaking out about having to purcahse a new computer. Do you know how much damn computers cost?!? Around $1,500 to be exact. And yeah, that may not seem like much money to you, but to me, oh lord. I work as a CrossFit coach for a living and write a blog. And buy a lot of food. So my savings account is on the smaller side. Meaning very small.
In conclusion, I’m going to buy a new computer. A Mac. So I’m going to have to sell myself on the street. Hopefully those people are into large thighs and headbands. Ok, that’s not funny. I won’t be whoring myself out with a frosty. But I did have to make the decision to not go to Chicago. Having to miss work for 4 days would have left me completely broke. AND where would I be without a computer?? I wouldn’t have friends. I wouldn’t have people that think I’m funny. And I wouldn’t have a place to share my crappy kitchen inventions. And pointless stories…like this one. Moral of the story, I have no stories from Chicago. I still don’t know what Chicago looks like. And did not get to spend an entire weekend with meathead bros. Sooooo I don’t know what the hell I’m going to talk about this week. Balls.
- ½ cup pureed pumpkin
- ¾ cup almond flour (for nut free: 3 tablespoons coconut flour and 1 tablespoon sunbutter)
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced (I used Sweet Tango- holy moly bomb)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Heat up your waffle iron!! If you don’t have a waffle iron, you need to go buy one, or just make pancakes instead.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Then add the rest of the dry ingredients and pumpkin and mix together. Add a bit more coconut milk, if needed. The batter should be runny but still have a bit of girth to it. Ew, I just said girth.
- Ladle into your waffle maker. Be careful, they expand a bit so they will be pour over if you get ladle happy.
- Cook until done. Mine took about 3-4 minutes, I’d say.
- While your waffles are cooking, add a couple tablespoons of coconut oil to a large skillet and add your sliced apples to the pan.
- Mix around to help the apples coat in oil, add in some maple syrup, and sprinkle with your cinnamon, allspice, ground cloves and salt.
- Add a splash of water to the pan and cover to help the apples become soft. Cook for around 10 minutes, making sure to mix occassionally so they don’t burn.
- Once your pumpkin waffles are done cooking, add your apples on top along with a crap ton of maple syrup on top and/or coconut butter or regular butter.
- Eat with bacon. Duh.