Have you ever have one of those days, where you need to dye your hair so bad that you have no choice other than wearing a hat or a headband everywhere you go? No? Whatever. I’m there right now. My roots are so bad that I only have the choice to wear something to cover my head. A bag might work. Somebody once told me on a comment I should just wear a bag over my head so no one had to look at me. Sometimes d*ck head comments make sense. #notreallybutkindof.
I’ve been getting some weird comments lately. Lots of mean ones. It’s so strange to me that people have nothing better to do than say mean things over comments. Not even about my recipes, just me. Which is strange to me. I’m just not a super mean person, or angry, and I only dislike a total of probably 3 people in this world, so it’s very weird when people have such built up aggression towards someone they don’t even know. But they keep commenting. And I keep deleting their comments. No need for anger on my blog. I like happy things. Like unicorns and butterflies.
You know what makes me real happy? I installed my window air conditioning unit in my room the other day. When you walk into my room, it changes by 20 degrees. 20 freaking degrees. It’s ridiculous how much of a difference it makes. I mean, my room is the size of a water closet, whatever that means, so a window unit makes a huge difference. I sleep like an infant now. A good infant.
So I literally had nothing to eat yesterday. Nothing. I haven’t really been grocery shopping since I’ve been traveling so I just eat out of my freezer now. So that means lots of beef. I really only have beef in my freezer so I’ll be eating that for a while. And since I had canned tomatoes and green chiles, I decided it was a mexican salad and easy guacamole kind of day. Is this boring? No. It’s delicious. Is this creative? Absolutely not. Would this be good with lettuce? Hell yeah! I just had none. I should just go to the store.
For the mexican salad
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can of diced green chiles
- green onions, to garnish
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the easy guac
- Place ground beef in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Once beef has browned half way through, add onions and minced garlic.
- When beef has almost cooked through, add oregano, cumin, some salt and pepper, cayenne pepper, tomatoes, and green chiles. Mix well.
- Lower heat, squeeze lime on top and mix.
- While meat is finishing up, mix together all guac ingredients.
- Top guac on the mexican salad. Mix together, because it's good that way.