I don’t tend to have many bad days. I’m just not that kind of person. I eat really good food, I workout regularly, I have a great boyfriend and an adorable puppy, I live in a beautiful state, and I spend my days talking to really cool people on the internet through my website. But somedays just aren’t fun. I started my day off trying to solve more tech issues, to no avail, so I decided it would be a good time to get out of the house and do a little shopping. Shopping solves everything. Jackson (my puppy) was kind enough to give me some cash for my birthday so I decided shopping would do the trick. It didn’t. The Colorado wind about tore my hair from the roots, which I need to dye, and I only found 2 shirts. One of which I had to take to my alterations guy, but it was 60% off so it was totally worth it. I was hoping to find jean shorts, which I would buy 10 sizes too big so they would fit my thighs and then I would just alter, but found nothing. So shopping pretty much failed. Especially since it ruined my hair. Then I came home to play with Jackson and he took a big ole’ dump in the guest bedroom to thank me, which he hasn’t done in WEEKS (we’ve only had him for 1 month) so I cleaned that up and pouted more about how my day wasn’t getting any better. Especially since my apartment then smelled like a big ole’ dump.
I did have an awesome nap though. Like probably the best one ever.
Then woke up with a pinched nerve in my tail bone. Fantastic. JUST FANTASTIC.
Today is a new day, though. And my boyfriend is taking Jackson to work today, so if he decides to take a big ole dump, it won’t be in my room!! Happy dance!
I think I’m even more in love with Emma Stone than I was before after seeing her on The Tonight Show. Go to 5:45 to see how wonderful she is. Plus, that song is one of the greatest club songs ever.
Are allergies about killing anyone else? It’s probably because I have a dog now and I’m kind of allergic to dogs and cats, but I’m rather uncomfortable right now. My eyes are swollen, my nose is itchy, and there is dog hair everywhere. I would go to the doctor to get intense allergy medication, but nope, I still haven’t figured out my health care yet. I’m trying to find a broker at the moment who can just tell me what kind to get. I’m into brokers. I had a broker who found my car. Ok, that was pretty much the only broker I’ve ever used, but it was a great experience. So I’m into them.
Now it’s time to shove cheesecake bars in my face. That makes everything better, right? Correct.
- ⅓ cup raw almonds
- 1 cup coconut butter (also known as coconut cream concentrate and creamed coconut)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups roasted, unsalted cashews (soaked in water for 8+ hours)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-4 tablespoon canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ - 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place cashews in a jar, cover with water and let soak for 7+ hours until completely soft. Then drain before using.
- Start with the crust - place almonds in a food processor and pulse until almonds become a chunky flour. Then add coconut butter, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt and puree until combined
- Line a bread pan (5x9 or smaller) with parchment paper and add crust mixture. To press down the crust in the pan, I found the best way was to fold over the excess pieces of parchment paper and press down with hands. It smoothes out that way and keeps your hands from sticking to it. Press down evenly throughout pan.
- Wipe food processor bowl out with a paper towel.
- Add cashews to the food processor and blend until you begin to get a clumpy mess.
- Then add melted coconut oil, honey, lemon juice, vanilla extract and honey and puree until well combined.
- And lastly, add coconut milk, 1 tablespoon at a time to break down the cashews completely. I used about 3 tablespoons for mine until the cashews became this soupy paste.
- Lastly, remove blade and add chocolate chips and fold into cheesecake layer.
- Pour cheesecake layer on top of crust layer, smooth out, then sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes until the cheesecake has set. Use sides of parchment paper to remove the cheesecake from the pan then use a sharp knife to cut the cheesecake into bars.