I LOVE bacon wrapped dates. It was one of those eye opening paleo treats that got me believing that paleo was something I could actually stick with long term. It’s like legit candy. And it’s wrapped in bacon. So it’s sweet, salty, savory, soft, crunchy…it really has all the necessities for a great snack. And it’s perfect for game day eats. But if you don’t want to stuff it with sausage, you could also stuff it with goat cheese or almonds or blue cheese or walnuts or water chestnuts. Top it with a balsamic reduction or honey. Really the choices are endless. And delicious. Be creative. You truly can’t go wrong here.
What are you doing for the game? I feel like I need to watch it. Since I’m from Colorado and all. And last time we were in the Super Bowl (when the hell was that? last year? no clue.) it was really sad to watch. I don’t want to be saddened this year. I WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED. Luckily, I hear Beyonce is going to perform. And anytime Beyonce is anywhere, it’s gonna be a good day. I can’t wait to see her hair waft in the wind. Do you think she ever performs anywhere without wind? She shouldn’t.
Have you been watching the Bachelor this season? At this point, I just feel bad for Olivia. I know the show has made her out to be the villain, but all the things the girls have said about her is just plain mean. The toes, kankles (wait, I think she just said that about herself), and now bad breath. How bad would that suck if all the girls were saying Ben made you eat straight up mint leaves to make your breath smell better? This girl obviously is insecure already, but after seeing this show, she’s definitely seeing a shrink.
One thing though…her nose is ALWAYS red. I never really thought about it until my sister-in-law mentioned that maybe she was drinking all the time, that’s why her nose was red. My nose tends to get red without any alcohol involved. What’s your stance?
The only other thing I really noticed is Lauren B’s two-piece white outfit in Mexico. I’m obsessed with it. And Ben was obviously obsessed too because he couldn’t stop kissing her. I definitely think he ends up with her. But who cares. Where did you she get that white outfit from?! I need it for our wedding in Jamaica. Not for the actual wedding, but for some random night when I feel like dressing up. I thought about instagram stalking her, but then I didn’t care enough. Any ideas? Likes talk this over.
- ½ pound ground hot italian sausage
- 20 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 pound bacon
- hot sauce, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Brown italian sausage in a pan, break into pieces and cook until no pink remains. Let cool slightly.
- Cut the side open of each date and stuff with sausage. Wrap with half a piece of bacon, tucking the ends underneath to help keep it secure when cooking. Place on baking sheet and repeat with all dates.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bacon is crispy (the time will range depending on the thickness of the bacon).
- Pour just a little bit of hot sauce on top of each date and serve with a toothipick dead in the center!
More Finger Food: