The anxiety from Monday has subsided. You know why? Because I got a new apartment!! I went to look at this place that I thought I had no chance of getting, I fell in love with it, I bombarded the landlord with emails and phone calls, and I got it!! I know persistence can sometimes be considered psychotic, but I think it worked in my favor this time. I proved to the landlord that I’m in love with the place and will absolutely pay my rent on time…since I pretty much stood out in front of a bank, waiting for it to open, to hand in my deposit check. I’ve told you before I have some obsessive tendencies.
But this place is perfect, mostly because the kitchen is absolutely amazing. It’s big, it’s bright, and it’s open. Not only will I be able to make some amazing food in it, but I’ll be able to take “great” pictures without having to stand out in the snow to get the right lighting. Winning! It also has a gigantic bath tub. I don’t take baths, but I totally could now. Like with champagne and bubbles and those salts that fizz, the things you’re not suppose to step on because they burn your skin. Is that true. I could have totally made that up. And now I’ll finally have an actual closet instead of a small hole in a wall. Yay!! Room for my boots.
Speaking of boots, I was exceptionally pumped yesterday when I found out that The Clymb had Sorel Boots. You see, since Christmas I’ve been trying to get Sorel boots. Every single day, I check their website and they have size 5 and size 11 available. That’s it. Now that they are on The Clymb, I guess they were stocking up for that website instead of their own. I’m not complaining. Half priced boots? Yes please.
So I just started watching Breaking Bad. I think I’m into it. But I’m not really sure. I’ve only watched 2 episodes and I kind of dig the whole ‘I have cancer, I’m going to do whatever the eff I want’. I probably, meaning definitely, wouldn’t make meth. But I’d do whatever the eff I wanted. But it’s also a bit too much of a downer. While watching Orange is the New Black, at least there was some light sometimes, but this is always depressing (so far). I don’t know guys.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup duck fat, melted (or other oil such as olive oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, the cut each half into 4-5 wedges.
- Place wedges in a bowl, cover with water and add ice, about 2 cups worth. Let wedges sit in ice for 30 minutes.
- Preheat over to 450 degrees.
- Remove wedges from water and pat dry.
- Place wedges back into a large, dry bowl. Add melted fat, garlic powder, salt, and paprika. Toss wedges to coat.
- Place wedges on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet to help cook on both sides (if you don’t have a cooling rack, just cook on parchment paper lined baking sheet and flip half way through cooking).
- Bake wedges for 30-35 minutes until cooked through and browned.
- After cooked, let cool for 5 minutes then toss wedges in the bowl with fresh dill. I used the same bowl that I had first tossed the wedges in with oil, the oil helps coat the wedges a little more and keep the dill sticking to the wedges.
- NOW EAT THEM. Duh. They are delicious.