Holy poodles! I go to Vegas soon!! In all the hustle and bustle of moving, I’ve completely forgotten to plan my outfits, get a spray tan, and get my nails done. I mean, there’s not much else to plan when heading to Vegas, right? Right. I’ll plan my outfits tomorrow then get my nails done. I hate doing my nails, but I’m totally going glitter style. As for the spray tan, I don’t care enough to get one. Please don’t lecture me about how tanning is bad, and self tanner has just as many harmful chemicals in it. I honestly don’t feel like listening. Or care. If a little self tanner makes me feel better about myself, I’m going to do it. Except for this time. Because I’m lazy. And it’s only about 50s and 60s in Vegas right now, so I won’t be skinny dipping anywhere. Or will I? Kidding. Skinny dipping is weird.
But I’m pumped to get away from the freezing cold in Colorado. I can’t really complain because it’s still wonderful and sunny out here, and it’s Colorado, but I’d like to wear more than just my Sorel’s I found on The Clymb for half price. Half priced shoes are always way more fun to wear. But I’ve organized my closet and can see all of my shoes now, so I want to wear them even more.
So I’m starting to try to do some DIY things. Crafting, if you will. Thank gosh for pinterest or I would have absolutely no clue how to do anything. I mean, I’ve only done one thing so far, but I’m in it. I made a centerpiece for my dining table out of little crate (I have no clue what it’s called), 3 square glasses, and some white and orange flowers. Fake, of course. Real ones die, then it defeats the purpose.
I feel like crafting should save you money, but it hasn’t so far for me. I think I need to learn where to shop. Michael’s didn’t really save me money. And with furnishing a new place, money goes away quickly. I still have to buy a new floor lamp and mirror and wall art. I’m not sure how to DIY wall art, but I’m going to have to figure it out at this rate. Can you teach me things?
- 1 pound ground turkey (or chicken, beef, etc.)
- ¼ small red onion, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ jalapeño, minced
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup 30 second mayo
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish with some oil (olive, coconut, etc.)
- Place all ingredients for the meatballs into a bowl and use your hands to mix the mixture together.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out each meatballs and form into balls. This should make about 18 small meatballs.
- Place each meatball into the greased baking dish, side by side. It’s ok if they are touching.
- Put in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the meatballs cook, create the dipping sauce by placing everything for the sauce, except for the mayo, into a food processor. Puree until smooth. Once smooth, add the mayo and puree once more until well combined.
- Dip meatballs into the sauce. Yay meatballs!