Yes. Two posts, one day. For the next 3 days. Gotta get you fed bros.
I.love.sweet potatoes. I love sweet potato fries. Sweet potato hash browns. Sweet potato hash. Sweet potato cakes. Sweet potato brownies…ahhh sh*t that was a good idea. Doin’ it. They are pretty much the best starch of all time. And they go with everything. Chocolate. Cheese. Meat. Almond butter. Sweet potatoes are the perfect food. Don’t fight me on this. You’ll lose.
Since most of us are in love with chowing down on chips at parties, these are an epic alternative. And way more delicious. I’m serious. Homemade chips are just way better. You could make beet chips too!! Then serve it with Roasted Red Pepper dip. Duh.
So you know how when you’re at a super bowl party and have to make some uncomfortable conversation with random awkward person in the room….I love awkward those people. I’m pretty overbearing to most people, especially awkward people. If people are uncomfortable around me, I’m really REALLY good at making them even more uncomfortable. Even more uncomfortable than this guy on the left side at 0:11 and 0:17 seconds. Watch him in this commercial. Seriously do it. I keep watching seconds 0:10 through 0:20 and laugh by myself. Then Laura will chime in with laughter. I heart her. I want to hold this man and make him feel less scared of the cameras that are video taping him. He’s an awkward turtle. I love him. I can’t wait to hang out with him at my Super Bowl party. With cheesy bread. Ok, everything I just said was a complete lie. I would crap myself if I ate that cheesy bread. It might be worth it though. Especially if I was being forced to watch the super bowl.
- 4 sweet potatoes (try to grab skinny ones)
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a mandoline or a knife to cut your sweet potatoes thin. I'd say the thickness of a silver dollar or maybe a little thicker.
- Put some parchment paper down on a cooking sheet.
- Place sweet potato rounds on the parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil and use a pastry/cooking brush to paint some coconut oil on top of each sweet potato round.
- Sprinkle salt on top.
- Place in the oven to bake for around 8-10 minutes.
- Flip sweet potatoes over and bake for another 5 minutes or until edges are brown and have curled up a bit.
- Let cool. Serve with Roasted Red Pepper dip.