This weekend didn’t feel like a weekend. Probably because I was stuck inside for most of it. It snowed like 3 feet. Not really, probably like 16 inches, but I’m pretty sure my car only comes 5 inches off the ground, no it’s not a ghetto low rider, well maybe, but I seriously couldn’t even pull onto the street. I spent 30 minutes cleaning off my car to only make it 2 feet into the street. Ok, that was an exaggeration. I made it like 4 inches into the street. So my friend Sergio had to take me under his wing and drive me everywhere. I love feeling 15 again. Relying on others to grocery shop, work, and workout is really fulfilling.
But the weekend still turned out pretty fun. Laura, Sergio and I played the 3 best friends card and did everything together. We went to breakfast together, went grocery shopping together, then helped each other pick out outfits. Well Sergio sat there and rolled his eyes as I took 12 shirts out of my closet. I hate dressing up. My PaleOMG shirts are way easier to sport. And my boobs are way more comfortable in sports bras. You just can’t always wear a sports bra with real people clothes. Dumb.
So I wore my big girl bra to a show we went to see downtown. We saw Passion Pit or Passion Pit’s DJ or a person from Passion Pit. I don’t really know. I think I’ve heard like 2 Passion Pit songs so I didn’t really know what to expect. But I was pleasantly surprised by feeling like an old fart. The venue was bumping with teenagers who were excited to get out of their parents house and be able to dry hump while on hallucinogenic drugs. What better way to spend your Saturday night eh?!?! Drugs are weird. Teenagers making out while trying to dance to some kind of beat is weirder.
Guess what else I did this weekend?! Sweated my ass off while shoveling our sidewalk. Maybe we shouldn’t have waited until it was complete ice slush. And when I say we, I mean me. Laura sat and watched. And took pictures. I did an overhead squat with a shovel just to be really creative and original. I should send that pic into the main site. I’M SURE they would totally use it. Wanna see it?! Sh*t yeah you do.
I’m watching Dirty Dancing. I love watching movies that I’ve seen a hundred times. They get more corny every time I watch them. This guy just walked up to Baby and said ‘This danish is pure protein”….like what? Missing some of those lines in movies makes me really develop of disappointment in myself. A line like THAT and all I remember is ‘Nobody puts Baby in the corner’?? That’s stupid. You disappoint me JB.
OH!!! And I did handstands in my house. No big deal.
- Time to bake that sweet potato. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, use a fork to puncture holes all around it, then throw in the oven for 25-30 minutes. (I’m sure you could microwave it, but I like the ole fashioned way. I’m just so ole fashioned)
- Once your sweet potato is soft and cooked through, peel off the skin and mash it up in a bowl. And turn your oven down to 350 degrees.
- Now add your wet ingredients: eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla to the bowl and mix together.
- Then add your dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips.
- Mix well to incorporate all that goodness.
- Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let rest to cool a bit.
- Eat those b*tches. Try not to eat them all in one sitting. Like what may have happened in my kitchen….oops.