Oh no I didn’t. No I did not just post one of the most delicious things in the world. Ok, it’s not THE MOST delicious thing in the world, but it takes top 100 for sure. I mean, it has triple chocolate in the title. That means it has to be good.
This is one of those recipes that I will get a ton of sh*t for. Because it’s not “strict” paleo. It has sugar in it. It’s naughty. It’s going against why we even eat paleo. Blah blah blah. I get it. I do. We all have sought out paleo to either feel better, look better. poop better, or just because everyone else is doing it. And paleo tells us sugar is bad. And if you’ve heard me talk about sugar before, you know that we have a very dysfunctional relationship. I hate it and don’t even look at it for months, then have a little bit and feel like balls.
BUT if we can’t ever have delicious treats while eating paleo, how is it sustainable? How are we suppose to never touch another cookie, another muffins, another chocolate truffle again? That’s why I make paleo treats. So paleo can be sustainable and you can enjoy it in every way. I ate 1/2 of one of these truffles and gave the rest away. They didn’t make me sick, they didn’t make me depressed, and they didn’t make me feel liked I weighed 3x what I weighed yesterday. Always a plus. But that’s what is important to remember about treats, they are TREATS. Paleo or not paleo. It’s so easy to go psycho about paleo treats and think that we can eat the whole thing and not feel guilty about it. Believe me, I would know. And wish that were the case. But we gotta learn to keep our sh*t on lock and not eat the whole batch. I know, it sucks.
I say all this because I recently came across a forum that was filled with some paleomg haterzzzzz. That’s how they spelled it. I should let them know it’s properly spelled haters. Anywho, these people obviously hatezzzzz paleomg. Understandable. I’m completely annoying, my photography sucks, and based on what they think, I suffer from disordered eating by not eating enough or I stuff my face constantly with chocolate covered walnuts, donuts, or paleo treats. Which one is it? If you honestly think I starve myself, you’re high. If you think I stuff my face sometimes, you’re totally right. No chocolate covered nuts though. They jack my sh*t up. I just wanted to clear the air though, if you’re a paleomg haterzzzz, I feel your pain. I live with the b*tch. But thanks for still supporting my blog. Love you too.
- These guys are awesome. No bake. WINNING.
- Place a small skillet over medium heat and add your tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Toss in your pumpkin seeds to begin to roast, moving them around often, being sure not to burn them.
- Cook pumpkin seeds for about 3-5 minutes, until they become fragrant and slightly browned.
- Add to food processor and pulse until they are completely broken down into a pumpkin seed meal.
- Then add your dates and puree.
- Lastly, add your cocoa powder, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and blend.
- It will mix into this massive dough-looking ball. That means it's perfect.
- Tear off pieces of the ball and roll into balls.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave or double boiler then place in a bowl for dipping. Also add your chocolate chips to a separate bowl.
- Push a toothpick into your ball, dip it in the chocolate half way up the ball, then dip into your chocolate chips.
- Place on a parchment paper covered plate.
- Repeat with all your truffles.
- Place in refrigerator for the chocolate to harden and set.
- Eat them. However you'd like.
- This recipes gave me 10 truffles.