SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
5 Ingredient Dinner in a Snap
I ate this meal for lunch yesterday. So it doesn’t actually have to be dinner. You could eat it for breakfast. It would be awesome for breakfast. Anywho, my favorite kind of meals are easy ones that include a protein, carbohydrate and fat. I try to always have some kind of vegetable at my meals, it just makes me feel like I’m taking care of my body. So when I’m looking for quick dinners with a lot of flavor, I tend to use already ground seasoned meat, such as italian sausage and bacon. Then I add whatever I have in the fridge. So this time I added asparagus, sweet potato and avocado to my meal. AND BOOM. Food is a flash. Can it be considered a recipe? I don’t know. But I also don’t really care.
I LOVE the container store. It’s seriously one of the coolest places ever. You could absolutely organize any space with that store. I went there to get a spice rack yesterday and organized my spices, my pots and pans, and all my baking dishes. Oh, and my shoes. Organizing makes me feel like I could conquer anything.
Except for getting a butt burn while doing abmat sit-ups. What’s that about? I swear, if I’m doing 100 sit-ups or more, skin will be removed from my butt. And it will burn when I shower. Is there a way to not lose skin while trying to tighten abs? Pretty sure it’s impossible.
So with this move to my new home, I’m really into cooking more often. Which means, even though I’m cooking for my own blog during the day, I want to cook from other people’s blogs at night. So I’ve been looking at all my cookbooks and checking out my favorite websites, and this is what I’ve come up with so far.
Ok, so that’s all I really have so far. Do you have any favorite dishes you’ve made so far that you think I should definitely make?? Tell me, tell me!!Print
5 Ingredient Dinner in a Snap
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 sweet potato or yam, poked with a fork
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 10 pieces of asparagus, ends removed, chopped
- 3/4 pound italian sausage (or any ground meat: beef, chicken turkey, etc.)
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke holes in the sweet potato with a fork then wrap with foil. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until soft.
- Once the sweet potato is baked, keep it wrapped in foil to keep warm.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add 2 pieces of bacon. Cook on both sides, until crispy. Place on a paper towel to soak up excess fat.
- Using the bacon fat that has rendered in the pan, add asparagus and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add italian sausage and use a wooden spoon to break up the meat. Saute until meat is cooked through.
- Cut baked sweet potato is half, place in 2 bowls, then top with bacon, meat and asparagus, and avocado.
- Eat up buttercup.
More Quick & Easy Dinners:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!