Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
Thanksgiving is just a few days away…you ready, boo? I am not. But we aren’t cooking this year. We are going to a restaurant this time around so I can feel like we are having a real holiday, where I’m not actually working. BUT if we were staying at home, I would absolutely make these biscuits! I almost named them stupid easy biscuits, because that’s exactly what they are, but I tried to cute-ify the name a bit. But when you make these biscuits, you’ll see how insanely easy they are, too! If you’re the cook of Thanksgiving this year, just know that these biscuits take less than 30 minutes to make and they taste absolutely delicious! And if you’re not looking at these for Thanksgiving, know that we will be using them for jam, breakfast sandwiches, and even sausage gravy on top. It’s going to be a magical week.
It’s been a rough couple weeks of insomnia since pregnancy has blasted off my progesterone and it was waking me up each night at 2am. But I’m finally back to 5am wake up calls which isn’t too rough when I’m going to bed by 8 or 9. I’ve decided I want to keep this pregnancy as low stress as possible, which means lots of meditating, journaling, getting in bed as early as possible, and staying away from people who stress me out. Sounds like it may be the best 9 months of my life! And since I’ll be home even more than usual, that means more recipes ahead and more posts about this entire new chapter in life! I’m obviously an over-sharer so buckle up for the nitty gritty details. It’s going to be a good time. Now excuse me, I have some biscuits to butter.
Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 biscuits 1x
- 2 cups gluten free baking flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded grassfed cheddar cheese (or dairy-free alternative)
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) grassfed salted butter, softened (use ghee or coconut oil as a substitute) + 1 extra tablespoon for topping biscuits
- 1 cup grassfed buttermilk*
- flaky salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and soda, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Then mix in cheddar cheese. Add softened butter and use a spatula to mix all the ingredients together. Lastly, add the buttermilk to combine with the the ingredients, making sure not to overmix the dough because it could make the biscuits tough. Once combined, use an ice cream scoop to scoop out 10-12 biscuits onto the lined baking sheet. Press down slightly then melt the extra tablespoon of butter and baste each biscuit. Top with flaky salt on each biscuit.
- Place in oven to bake 15 minutes until slightly golden.
- Top with anything you like – butter, jam, gravy, turkey, egg…the world is your oyster!
*For dairy-free, use 1 cup of canned coconut milk and add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and let sit together for a couple minutes before adding to flour mixture
What I Used To Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!