Caramel Apple Pie Cookies Bars (video!)
It’s funny I’m posting a dessert today since I’m also recording a podcast about sugar and how it’s the devil. But before you listen to that podcast, just eat these. Because they are damn delicious! And guess what? I filmed a quick little tutorial video for you, just for fun! It’s the first time I’ve done it and I plan to do more once I get an attachment for my tripod, but hopefully you love this one in the meantime! And it totally has holiday music, so don’t forget to turn up your volume! Check out the video below the recipe and get in the holiday spirit!
So you guys, I don’t remember if I told you about this already, so apologies if I did. But in my old age of 28 years, I remember nothing. Literally nothing. I need to play brain games or something. But what I do remember is that my friend Vanessa from Clean Eating with a Dirty Mind invited me on a yacht trip in August through the Caribbean. Some of her friends backed out so she asked if my husband and I wanted to join. What did I say? HELL EFFING YES! When the hell else am I going to get to go on an all inclusive yacht trip? Answer: never. So I told my husband (which by the way, this is his dream vacation) and he said the 9 days was too long to take off work. So you know what I’m gonna do? Book the trip, and if he can’t go, I’m taking someone else. There’s just no way I can say no to this trip. I’ve been putting money away for over a year now specifically for vacations and there’s no way I’m saying no. There’s just no way. But in the meantime, I’ll be planting the seed until he gives in and goes.
That’s what I did with french bulldogs. And what do I have now?
With having no children, there’s no better time to live up vacations as much as possible. We’ll never get this time back in our marriage and I’m not letting this opportunity slip by. Who’s with me!?
Caramel Apple Pie Cookies Bars
- Yield: 10 bars 1x
For the crust
- 1½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the caramel
- Use the recipe for Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce in Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook
For the apples
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 apples, cored and diced (make sure they are diced small for more enjoyable bites)
- 2 teaspoons Primal Palate Apple Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- organic powdered sugar (optional)
- mint leaves (optional)
Make the crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a rectangle quiche pan. Add all ingredients for the crust into a food processor and pulse until completely combine. The dough should combine into a slight ball once combine. Put dough in a pan and use your fingers to press dough around evenly throughout the pan, pressing the dough higher on the sides to create a boat for the caramel to go later. Poke holes with a fork in the dough to keep it from rising in the oven
- Bake crust for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown. Remove then let crust cool for about 10-20 minutes.
Make the caramel sauce then set aside to cool
Make the apples
- While caramel is cooling, place a large saute pan over medium heat. Add ghee, diced apples, apple pie spice and caramel and let cook and soften for about 10-15 minutes, tossing every couple minutes, until soft and brown.
To make the cookie bars
- Use a large spoon to scoop about 1/4-1/3 cup of the caramel sauce in the middle of the crust. Then scoop all the apples onto the caramel crust and use a spoon the add a bit more caramel on top. Place in oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from quiche pan, garnish with powdered sugar and mint leaves then slice before serving.*
*These bars can be a little messy so feel free to set in the fridge for about 30 minutes before slicing, but that just depends if you want to get your hands dirty or not! It’s up to you!
Quick Holiday Video:
More Holiday Treat Ideas:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!