Holiday Raspberry Caramel Tart
I was planning to post this recipe on Wednesday and a short ribs recipe today, but I just couldn’t wait. This recipe is too f*cking good. I know it sounds annoying when the person who made it is boasting all about it. But I’m serious here. This recipe is f*cking delicious. And yes, cuss words must be used when talking about this dessert. Do not tell me that you hate my language, I do not care today. Or ever. Because I’m chowing down on this dessert that makes like worth living. I want to make babies with this tart. Which is a truly bold statement.
The other day while in a CrossFit class, our coach asked what our greatest fear in life was. He’s on this question kick and asks all of us a question every single class. It stirs up some interesting chatter. So I’ve started the theme with my own classes. Today I asked what their dream job would be if money wasn’t an object. Think on that. But back to the fear question. When I thought about it, my honest answer is pregnancy. Sure, there are other things that are more frightening and terrifying, but changing my body, my hormones and my entire life is the most frightening of all. Am I right or am I right?
Let’s get off baby talk. We’re officially in the holiday spirit over here in the PaleOMG household. Christmas tree up, wreath up, lights around our banister up, and all those fun knick knacks are starting to occupy my home. Since this is our first Christmas in our new home, I still don’t really have many decorations. And I want to buy all of them. But I also like buying food. And clothes. So the decorations will probably be bought the day after Christmas, once everything is on major sale. Sales are the greatest. Did you see on instagram that I finally finished decorating our dining room? I’m so happy with it and can’t wait to change up the decorations once the holidays are over. I’ll also be sharing more pictures on Friday!
I want to bake more things. But I suck at baking. What are you baking for the holidays? I plan on making you a cake soon so wish me luck! Until then, I want to bake other people’s stuff. My crust was inspired by The Foodie Teen pecan bars, be sure to check out her stuff, she bakes like a champ!
Holiday Raspberry Caramel Tart
- Yield: 10-11 slices 1x
- 1 batch Raspberry Caramel Sauce
For the shortbread crust
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons Tin Star Brown Butter Ghee
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the toppings
- 1 container of raspberries (about 10 ounces – or about 36 raspberries)
- less than 1 teaspoon organic powdered sugar (optional)
- Make raspberry caramel sauce. Let caramel sauce cool.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a rectangle quiche pan (13-3/4″ x 4-1/4″). Add all ingredients for the crust into a food processorand pulse until completely combine. The dough should combine into a slight ball once combine. Put dough in a pan and use your fingers to press dough around evenly throughout the pan, pressing the dough higher on the sides to create a boat for the caramel to go later.
- Bake crust for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown. Remove then let crust cool for about 30 minutes.
- Pour caramel into the crust (you won’t need all the caramel, but use as much as you prefer). Place raspberries in the caramel, however you’d like to line them up. Then dust with powdered sugar before serving!
Make & Serve This Dish With:
More Holiday Desserts:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!