Thanksgiving No-Bake Chocolate Caramel Tarts
I absolutely positively 100% adore this recipe. I love it, I want it, I gotta have it. The leftovers are sitting in my fridge right now, just calling my name. And when I was deciding which dessert recipe to bring to my Friendsgiving, I immediately decided this one as soon as I made it for the first time. I need to throw it in the trash so I stop creeping at the fridge, cutting off tiny slices…every 10 minutes. I made this recipe based off my “Peanut Butter” Cream Pie that you can find in Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook and can also find it on my site since I shared it with you all before the book came out! Just FYI, in this recipe I use a Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce that you can find on page 250 in Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook. If you have the book, finding this recipe will be easy and PS- I love you! If you don’t have my book quite yet, well now you have a million ways to get it so you can definitely make this recipe by Thanksgiving day! You can grab it on Amazon for 44% off, grab it online for 44% off or in stores at Barnes & Noble, or you can pick it up in Costco in Canada and nationwide here in the US, and you can also grab it at many independent book stores!
Thanksgiving is creeping up pretty quickly! Have you planned your menu yet? I’m planning to make blue cheese stuffed bacon wrapped dates and this chocolate caramel tart! We are getting our fitness on first thing in the morning then we are getting our mimosa brunch on with multiple mimosas and I’ve heard there will be a turducken gracing us with it’s presence during brunch. Have you ever tried one of those? This will be my first time and I’m not sure how I feel about it since I will be trying it in a CrossFit gym. I see gyms as cesspools of grossness. So the last thing I want to do is eat in one. Aw well, I’ll do it anyways. Then after getting tipsy, we will be heading to a friends house for a Friendsgiving and then have another Friendsgiving on Saturday. Best days of the year.
Guess what you guys? If you check my site on a regular basis, soon you’ll be noticing a difference…I’m giving my site a face lift soon! And the new website is almost done so you’ll be seeing it real soon! Since Google recently changed it’s policies and ranks sites lower if they are not mobile friendly, it was time to change up my site and make it easier for you to navigate and make Google like me more. So by Friday or by early next week, you’ll have a pretty new site to look at and you’ll no longer have a hard time finding what you need when you’re looking at the mobile site. Are you pumped as I am!?
Should we put Christmas lights up on our house? To me, that sounds like a lot of work. But I don’t want to be the lame neighbor who doesn’t try. The other day, I shoveled my driveway just to look like a good neighbor. Everyone else’s driveway and sidewalk melted within hours but I didn’t want to be the sh*t neighbor who didn’t try. It’s funny because in general life, I absolutely do not give a sh*t what people think, but when it comes to what my neighbors think, I care. What’s that about?
Who cares. Just go make this.Print
Thanksgiving No-Bake Chocolate Caramel Tarts
- Yield: 5 4-inch tarts 1x
For the caramel
- Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce on page 250 in Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook
For the crust
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ⅔ cup maple sugar or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons Tin Star Ghee Brown Butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of fine sea salt
For the topping
- 1 bag of dark chocolate chips (10 ounces)
- coarse sea salt, for garnishing
- First, make the caramel then set aside to let cool a bit.
- Make the crust: Pulse the walnuts and almonds in a food processor until a nut meal begins to form. Then add the rest of the crust ingredients and pulse until completely combined.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of five 4-inch tart pans or 10-inch tart pan or a rectangle tart pan and up the sides as much as possible.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of the caramel into the middle of each tart pan or pour all the caramel into one large pan, leaving a little bit of crust around the outsides (this will help the chocolate seal the tart later). Place in the freezer for about 5 minutes, until caramel is hard.
- While caramel hardens, melt chocolate in a double boiler. When caramel is hard, pour chocolate over the top of each caramel tart, covering all the caramel and smoothing the chocolate out to the sides of the tart. Sprinkle a pinch of coarse sea salt in the middle then place in the fridge for about 10 minutes, until chocolate is set and has hardened.
- Before serving, remove from refrigerator for 10-15 minutes then run a knife under hot water for a bit, wipe dry then slice.
Grab These Things To Help You Make This Recipe (click picture for link):
More No-Bake Desserts:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!