Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook “Peanut” Butter Cream Pie (+ This Weeks Book Tour Stops)
You guys, I must love you very very much to be sharing such a special recipe with you guys from my newest cookbook, Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook. But I’m feeling super excited about this book and incredibly happy about all the people who preordered it and shared their pictures on social media yesterday! So you got me inspired to share one of my favorite desserts from the book, my “Peanut” Butter Cream Pie! My ultimate favorite dessert recipe in the book is still the Flourless Chocolate Layered Cake, but this takes a close second.
When I first made this dessert almost a year ago, I absolutely loved it, but it needed a little bit of help in the beauty department. That’s where Hayley came in. When I wrote and created this book, I worked with Bill and Hayley of Primal Palate to get the photography just perfect. And to get some food pictures styled just right, that’s where Hayley hits the nail on the head. Is that a good analogy? Whatever. It may be because her background is in professional makeup so she’s use to taking some sketch ass looking things and making them beautiful, but either way, she is amazing at both face styling and food styling. So as I made this cream pie, she helped pipe the whipped cream and drizzle the chocolate, while I was pretty much just ready to throw it on a plate and hope for the best. She really made this pie so beautiful, we barely wanted to eat it. For about 3 minutes….until the photos were done…then we devoured it. Bill even said that he wished this recipe was in their book, which is a HUGE compliment since their recipes are so outstanding.
Working with Bill and Hayley really got me so inspired to challenge myself to get better at both cooking and food styling. As creating this book has come to an end, I continuously want my own food photos on the blog to get better and better and match the beautiful style they created throughout the book!
Can you tell I’m a little emotional about how much I love those two people? I’m just getting excited because I get to see them soon while I’m on book tour. WAIT, you didn’t know I was on book tour? Come on now! I started last night in Denver, now I’m actually on a flight to Atlanta, then to Boston, New York, Pittsburgh and Chicago! Are you coming to visit me? You totally should! And give me restaurant recommendations, that’s always helpful in a new city! Click here to see all book tour details!
Did you already get your book?! So excited to see what you guys think of all these recipes! Be sure to share your Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook creations on social media using the hashtag #julibauerspaleocookbook so I can see all the pictures! And I would absolutely appreciate it SO much if you had time to share a review on Amazon about what you thought of the book, the recipes, the photography, whatever! Those reviews are so helpful and I would be forever grateful. If you were in front of me, I would kiss you on the forehead for leaving a review!
Thank you guys so so much for the continued support and I cannot wait to hear from all of you!Print
Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook “Peanut” Butter Cream Pie
- Yield: 10 inch pie 1x
For the filling:
- 2 (14-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 2⁄3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin, divided
For the crust:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄2 cup raw almonds
- 2⁄3 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 stick) butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of fine sea salt
For the toppings:
- Refrigerate the cans of coconut milk overnight to help the coconut cream separate from the coconut water. When you’re ready to make the pie, open the cans. The coconut cream should have separated from the water and risen to the top. Scoop off the white, creamy layer and reserve the coconut water for drinks and shakes.
- Make the crust: Pulse the cashews and almonds in a food processor until a nut meal begins to form. Then add the rest of the crust ingredients and pulse until completely combined.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch tart pan and up the sides as much as possible. Place the pan in the fridge to harden the crust a bit.
- While the crust is chilling, make the filling: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the sunflower seed butter, honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and coconut cream until smooth and well combined. Once smooth, reduce the heat to low and add the gelatin 1⁄2 teaspoon at a time, whisking continuously, until the gelatin has completely dissolved and the mixture has thickened.
- Pour the filling mixture over the crust and smooth it out with a spatula. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, until firm.
- Once the pie is firm, make the whipped cream.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in a bowl in the microwave. Using a spoon, scoop up the melted chocolate and pour it over the pie, moving the spoon back and forth to create a pretty pattern. Pipe the whipped cream on top of the pie as desired and serve immediately.
- Store the pie in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.
More Previews From Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!