I’m back home to Colorado today, bundled up in my own bed and quite happy about it. I love checking out new places and sleeping in new hotels, but MAN, I love my own bed. Especially since my husband worked out early this morning so I got to starfish out for…2 minutes. Then Jackson woke me up to snuggle. Understandable. It’s been 6 days. Poor lonely guy! I missed that doggy so damn much!
San Diego and La Jolla were awesome and so much fun to visit but I’m ready to have my routine back. After eating all things delicious while traveling, I’m ready some tough gym workouts, some homemade meals, and some major snuggle on the couch time…for the next 2 weeks, then I’m back on the road again. This time, Texas bound!
Speaking of couches, when we moved in our house 2 years ago, we thought we found the perfect couch for our living room. It felt SO comfortable in store and our friends even had the same couch and said it was awesome. Well, they are liars. And I hate them. It’s so not comfortable. The feathers inside the cushions aren’t wrapped in anything so they start sticking out like little needles in your back. And the two cushion couch just isn’t big enough now that Jackson is almost 40 pounds. So he’s always passed out, happy as a clam, and I’m going to bed early because I’m sick of being stabbed 743829190 times in 2 hours. We are so over it and ready to get a new one. And after having an L-shaped couch in our hotel room in San Diego, we are definitely ready for that kind of couch at home. BUT, we are afraid we are going to make the same mistake again and get a couch that we actually hate longterm, but spent so much money on. Ahhhhhhh being an adult is the woooooorst.
Where did you get your couch? Our friends recommended Room & Board and absolutely love theirs, but my husband is having a hard time with that price point. My husband also recommended we get a leather couch and I then went on to say we get a red leather couch and make it a full bachelor pad household! But then figured I was being a bit too passive aggressive. Leather ain’t going down. As much as I would love to just wipe the fur off our couch, I’m just not down for the leather look.
Ok no but seriously – where did you get your couch that you love more than your own bed?
- 1 batch Instant Pot Carnitas
For the marinated tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- pinch of salt
For the nachos
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Make instant pot carnitas and shred.
- Mix together the ingredients for the marinated tomatoes and set in the fridge.
- Layer tortillas on a baking sheet and sprinkle the shredded carnitas. Place in oven to bake for 8-10 minutes, until chips have browned slightly and meat has begun to crisp up.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients: heat up the nacho cheese and pour it on top, however much you prefer. Sprinkle on the marinated cherry tomatoes, then top the rest with the avocado slices, fresno peppers, pickled jalapeños, cilantro and lime wedges for extra pop of freshness on top! (I like to squeeze fresh lime juice on before serving!) then eat up!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Instant Pot / Party / Pork