Posted by https://paleomg.com/chorizo-rice-bowls/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
- 1 1/2 pounds chorizo
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 24 ounces cauliflower rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the salad
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt
For the plantains
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat then add chorizo, break apart into small pieces, and cook until no pink remains, about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the chorizo and leave behind about 2 tablespoons worth of rendered fat. Add bell peppers and onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, until tender. Then add garlic, salt and pepper, and cook for another 2 minutes. Then add chorizo to the pepper mixture to reheat through.
- While peppers are cooking, place another large sauté pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of ghee then add cauliflower rice, garlic powder and salt. Cook for about 15 minutes, tossing to keep the cauliflower rice from browning too much.
- While the cauliflower cooks, add kale, tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt to a large bowl and toss to combined.
- Lastly, peel plantains, slice them, then add them to a mixing bowl. Add coconut oil and toss to completely coat. Spray coconut oil in the basket of your air fryer. Add plantains to your air fryer in one layer (not overlapping) then press temperature to 360 degrees F and time up to 10 minutes. Once 5 minutes has elapsed, use a fork to flip the plantain over then cook for 5 more minutes. Sprinkle with salt once done cooking.
- Now build the bowl - cauliflower rice, chorizo, baby kale salad, plantains, avocado, and cilantro, then serve immediately!