Creamy Tortellini Soup
Soup is magical. It’s hearty, it warms you from the inside-out, and it’s filled with nutrients. That is, if you use bone broth! If you’re still using normal broth or bouillon cubes, well STOP THAT RIGHT NOW, and go buy some organic bone broth. Bone broth has collagen, tons of vitamins, it can help heal the gut, help protect your joints, reduce inflammation, and more. Bone broth is the shit. You know what I’m not a fan of, though? Making my own. I’m just not interested in that. But luckily Kettle & Fire makes the best bone broths and bone broth soups out there. I love their broths so damn much! And they make soup so much tastier. So don’t skimp when it comes to making this soup – use bone broth, take care of your body, and be happy. It’s as simple as that!
I’m currently deep into reading Deep Nutrition. And when I say reading, I mean listening. Audiobooks is one of the greatest inventions of all time. I’ve read and listened to many different health and diet books over the year since being in the paleo space since 2011, but this book has become one of my favorites. It goes very in-depth into the science behind vegetable oils and sugars, and how our society is affected on such a deep level by the changes to our diets over the years. It’s really enlightening and sometimes overwhelming, but I think everyone should listen to it or read it. It talks a ton about bone broths, organ meats, and other ways foods were prepped back in the day and why those generations were so much healthier than us. As time goes on, even with better technology than ever, our society continues to get more and more sick. And this book is really helpful with empowering you to take a deeper look at your own diet and how you can improve it. Highly recommend it! In the meantime, I’m about to dig into this soup because it’s HELLA GOOD for leftovers!!
Creamy Tortellini Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 1lb hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 48oz chicken bone broth
- 9oz gluten free tortellini
- 1 bundle kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or coconut cream
- Place Italian sausage in a large soup pot, break into small pieces, and cook until no pink remains. Remove sausage and set aside.
- Add onion and carrots to the pot. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until onions become translucent and fragrant. Add garlic cloves, salt, thyme, and rosemary, and cook for 5 more minutes. Add flour to the pot and toss to combined. Then add broth and mix to combined. Cover and bring to a low boil.
- Add tortellini, kale, and black pepper. Mix to combined then cook for 5 minutes. Once the tortellini is cooked through, add the sausage and heavy cream and cook for 2 more minutes to heat through. Taste to see if the soup needs any extra salt before serving. Now all you gotta do is eat it up!!
What I Used To Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!