Grain-Free Ravioli Soup
I LOVE soup. Nothing is more comforting on a chilly day than a big warm bowl of soup. But you know what’s not comforting? Someone sharing the most obvious statement in a blog post. Could I be any more boring? Come on, Juli, step your shit up! That’s just low hanging fruit. You know what else is low hanging fruit? Comedians talking about Covid and the vaccine. Obviously it’s hard not to because it’s the main thing all of us have been going through for 2 years, but it’s a bit of the same material over and over and over. I’m currently in New York and we went to the Comedy Cellar the other night, and the funniest comedians BY FAR were the ones that didn’t talk about that boring stuff. The funniest comedian was one that talked about going to Elitch Gardens. You know what’s funny AF? The people who go to Elitch Gardens. Now that’s some good material.
What were we talking about? Oh yeah, soup. Because soup is souuuuuuper interesting. See what I did there? Dad joke. So this soup is made with a grain-free cheese ravioli. But you could make it with whatever ravioli you like or have on hand. I don’t care what you do with your soup, it’s your soup life, not mine. You know what would make this soup even better? If you added some extra cheese, some heavy cream, and some bread on the side. But again, it’s not my soup life, it’s yours. I want you to live your best soup life however you please. With cheese or without. With bread or without. As I’ve healed my gut more and more, I’ve been playing around with bread and things are going really well. It’s quite lovely. But again, this isn’t about me, this is about you and your soup. Get after it, however you please!
You know what has become my favorite thing. Having my own herb garden. I always wanted to grow my own herbs, but I didn’t dig the look of herbs on a window sill. Just not my vibe. But a friend introduced me to this herb garden and I’m OBSESSED! I’m currently growing lime basil, mint, dill, cilantro, and microgreens. It’s been so nice to constantly have fresh herbs around at all times. I add them to all my salads or top them on any dish I make, really. Even though I’m trying to not tell you what to do when it comes to your soup life, I highly recommend this herb garden so you can have fresh herbs on your soup. Or don’t. Just live your best life, with or without herbs, ok?! Ok bye!!Print
Grain-Free Ravioli Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 64 ounces vegetable broth (or beef/chicken bone broth)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 24 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) grain-free cheese ravioli or preferred brand
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- optional – couple tablespoons of heavy cream or coconut cream
- for garnish – fresh parsley, fresh basil, and parmesan on top
- Place the avocado oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add yellow onion and cook for 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Then add the garlic cloves and cook for another 3 minutes, until fragrant. Add carrots, salt and Italian seasonings to the onion mixture and mix to combined.
- Pour the vegetable broth, tomato paste, and diced tomatoes into the pot, mix well, then cover and put on high heat to bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the ravioli. Cook time will range depending on the directions on box. For my grain-free cheese ravioli, the cook time is 7 minutes and 30 seconds. Halfway through the cooking process of the ravioli, add chopped kale to cook for the remaining time with the ravioli. Lastly, add black pepper and any cream, if preferred.
- Top soup with parsley, basil, and parmesan on top!
What I Used to Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!