Taco Pasta Soup
Earlier in the week, when the entire US decided to become an artic tundra, we were hanging out at home since it was -3 degrees and there was no way I was going to the store OR asking someone to deliver food for us. No one needed to be outside. So I decided to whip up a soup with whatever I had on hand. I had some veggies, I had some chickpea pasta, broth, beans, and spices. And boom, a delicious soup was made! Soup is the best and just gets better as leftovers, and luckily this soup makes A LOT. I just made a second batch for my SIL to eat while we are out of town and she’s out our house taking care of the pup. It’s the least I could do leaving her in 30 degree weather while we go to 90 degrees. Totally equal, huh?
We are off to Costa Rica today! We booked a trip to Spain last year, but obviously that was cancelled, so we had credits with the travel company used. SO we decided to book something close by and went with Costa Rica. I’ve been to Costa Rica twice now and loved every second of it. This time we are heading to a whole new area, Tamarindo, with two of our friends. We don’t have anything booked, but plan to spend most days on the beach, surfing and bodyboarding, eatings LOTS of rice and beans, and we will probably do all the other excursions like ziplining, ATV, and hopefully get on the water in a catamaran. So pumped to get to warm weather!
And just FYI, if you want to make this recipe completely paleo, just use a paleo pasta and you can remove the beans in the recipe. Bada bean, bada boom! And if you’re wondering why I’m making so many bean recipes, check out this post on the bean protocol! Beans have drastically changed my life for the better and I hope they can do the same for you! Anywho, I’m currently on a flight to Houston then we head to Liberia! We’ve been up since 2am so if this post has any spelling errors, it’s because I’m completely delirious. Not sure I have that excuse for every other blog post I’ve shared in the past. We are about to land in Houston so go have the best day and make this soup ASAP! Can’t wait to hear what you think!
Taco Pasta Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 64oz beef bone broth
- 14oz fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8oz chickpea pasta (or lentil pasta or paleo pasta)
- 14oz unsalted cooked black beans, drained
- your favorite garnishes – sour cream or coconut cream, shredded cheese or dairy-free cheese, fresh lime, cilantro, etc
- Place a pot over medium heat. Add olive oil along with the onions and peppers. Cook for 5 minutes, until onions become slightly translucent. Add the ground beef along with the salt, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and dried oregano. Break into small bites and cook until ground beef is browned and no longer pink. Use a spoon to remove from pot and set aside in a bowl.
- Add beef broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, and red pepper flakes. Whisk to combined. Cover pot and bring to boil. Once the broth is boiling, add the pasta and cook for 6-8 minutes, until the pasta is al dente.
- Once the pasta is cook, add the beef mixture back into the pot along with the black beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Top pasta soup with whatever your like – sour cream, limes, cilantro, cheese, jalapeños – anything you like best!!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!