When you think about your last meal, what does it look like? It’s probably not something you think about that often, but since all I really listen to is true crime podcasts, I know that day could be just around the corner. And I want to be prepared. So how I prepare is eating curry almost every day. That way if anything happens, I won’t be disappointed in the after life.
Something I’ve been noticing lately is that I’ve been craving less meat than usual. Normally I have a clean source of protein every meal, but more often than not I’ve been skipping the protein and just adding in extra vegetables. I don’t know what that’s about since I personally love meat. But now that I want it a little less, I’ve been trying some new veggies that I swore off for the longest time. And one of those veggies is the eggplant. And not because of it’s use on social media as a man’s participle. Mostly because the texture is weird AF. But my friend ordered the miso eggplant at a restaurant recently and it was the best thing I’ve maybe ever taste. Ever since then, eggplant and I get along.
That entire paragraph now feels like a sexual innuendo. I’m uncomfortable.
You know what else is uncomfortable? The Khloe-Tristan-Jordyn debacle. Man I love me some Kardashian drama. My life really lacks drama most days which I really appreciate, but it’s quite interesting to hear about other people’s drama. Is that selfish and kind of gross? For suuuuure. But I haven’t watched much reality tv lately so this is giving me my fix. If you don’t know what I’m talking, just simply google those names or search details on instagram. Instagram will lead you into a rabbit hole of details and some fantastic memes. I know what I’m doing with my Thursday.
Just kidding, I’m getting a spray tan. The most drama I’ll be dealing with this afternoon is trying to scrub off the remanence of my last spray tan that lingers behind on my knee caps.
Man I’m boring. But this panang curry isn’t! Kloveyoubyyyyyye.
- 3 (14 ounce) cans of full fat coconut milk
- about 5 ounces red thai curry paste
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- salt, to taste
- mint leaves, for garnish
- thai basil leaves, for garnish
- Place coconut milk and curry paste in a large pot over medium heat and whisk to combine. Then add sweet potatoes and carrots. Set timer to 10 minutes and let it come to a low boil.
- After the 10 minutes is up, add the eggplant, red bell pepper, onion, sunflower seed butter, honey, fish sauce, lime juice and salt. Mix to combine then cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, taste to see if the curry needs any extra lime juice or salt then serve up! Add cauliflower rice, any source of protein, or just eat on its own! And don't forget to garnish it with a little mint and thai basil.
More Curry in a Hurry!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Soups / Vegetarian / Veggies