Posted by https://paleomg.com/eggnog-glazed-gingerbread-cake/
© 2015 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Eggnog Frosted Gingerbread Cake
For the icing
- rosemary sprigs
- dusting of organic powdered sugar
- pine cones (do not eat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 nine inch round cake pans.
- Sift together all the flours, sugar, baking soda, spices and salt into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ghee, molasses and eggs.
- Pour the wet mixture into dry mixture and mix until completely combine. Pour the batter equally between both cake pans and place in the middle rack of the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- This is where things get a tad more complicated. First, you're going to make your buttercream. Second, you're going to divide the buttercream in half and add the eggnog, cinnamon and nutmeg to the second half and mix until combine into a smooth glaze.
- Set one half of the cake on a cake stand then frost the top of the cake with the normal buttercream. Set the second half of the cake on top then pour the glaze on top of the cake, using a spoon to smooth out evenly. Sprinkle a bit of powdered sugar on cake and garnish with rosemary sprigs and pine cones. Serve immediately.
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
*Any buttercream recipe will do if you don't have the book. Don't go freaking out.
**I used grass fed egg nog that I found, but feel free to use a almond milk or coconut milk brand egg nog or you can make your own!