Ginger Beef Stir Fry
I was not fully prepared for my 5:15am alarm clock today. It hit me in the face like a pile of bricks and had me immediately sweating since I didn’t know what was going on. Alarm clocks should be illegal. But I have a busy day ahead so that means an early morning start. That also means I’m planning to make this beef stir fry again because it takes under an hour and it’s SO DAMN GOOD!! The ginger in the dish makes for the most delicious flavor and reminds me of the hours I use to spend in a Chinese restaurant as a teenager before I knew how important real food was. I consumed a whole lot of sesame chicken and crab wontons back then. My poor body.
Soooooo I’m about to pee my pants just a little. You know why? No, it doesn’t have to do with my impending age that seems to have all women telling me they pee their pants during double unders. It’s not that thankfully. I’m about to pee a little because I’m so freaking excited! This week I begin my tattoo removal process. I’ve wanted to remove a tattoo on my side for years and years now. I got it when I was 20 and well, I’m pretty different than my 20 year old self at this point. And since I’ve been thinking about getting it removed for a solid 6 years, it’s finally time! I went in for a consultation last week and she said I’ve come at the right time because there is an amazing laser now that is less painful and better than ever. So I begin the process on Wednesday and will most likely have to do 6 sessions, each session being every 6 weeks.
I told the laser specialist that I was incredibly nervous for the pain and what it’s going to feel like and she said, “You’re not a man, you’ll be fine.” I love her. I just remember 10 years that this tattoo was crazy uncomfortable to get, BUT she said that each laser treatment will take only 20 seconds. It’s super fast. After getting multiple profractional treatments, I think I’m strong enough to last 20 seconds on my ribcage. Holy balls I’m nervous. Wish me luck! I head in tomorrow to kick off the process. And just a reminder if you’re a young reader out there, before you get a tattoo – think on it…for about 3 years before you do it. If you still want it in 3 years, then wait another 3. If you still want it in 6 years, then go for it! Laser technology will probably be out of this world when you’re older anyways.
Ginger Beef Stir Fry
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- green onions, for garnish
- cilantro, for granish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place thinly sliced beef in a large bowl, sprinkle with tapioca flour, salt and garlic powder and toss to thinly coat all the beef. Set aside.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of sesame oil to a large sauté over medium heat, add bell peppers and cook for about 8 minutes, until slightly browned. Then add garlic and a bit of salt, toss, and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add about 3 more tablespoons of sesame oil to the pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add beef to pan without overcrowding the pan. This will let the beef brown without steaming. Cooking for about 2-3 minutes per side then set aside with the peppers. Repeat until all the beef is cooked through.
- Lastly, add coconut aminos, sriracha, ginger and fish sauce to the pan over medium-high heat, whisk and let come to a low boil, for about 6-8 minutes, until the liquid reduced by about a third and the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Add beef and peppers to the pan with the sauce, mix to combined and let cook for 2 more minutes.
- Top beef stir fry with green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds before serving!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!