Sometimes you just need nachos. But then you also want fries. Well don’t worry your little sweet ass, hunny. I got you covered. Nacho fries it is. These fries are made with taco meat, homemade cheese sauce, and then you can put any fixins you like on top. Are you into beans on your nachos? Do it. Are you into pickled jalapeños on your nachos? Do it. Are you into guacamole? DO IT. Do you see a trend here? This nacho dream is also your command. And I command you to make them and enjoy them.
I made this recipe while I was 9 months pregnant and craving all the things. All my friends said they ran out of room at the end of pregnancy, but that was absolutely not my experience. I gained room as time went on. And I filled that room with delicious treats at my favorite local spots and giant meals at fun restaurants. I knew that I would be living at home more once our little girl showed up and I wouldn’t have the freedom to just go to a bakery downtown to work while enjoying a cacao latte with a side of brownie. And I was right. Now I spend my mornings walking around our neighborhood with a 9lb weight vest strapped to me before sneaking in time to work while she naps. Like right now.
I may be new to this whole parenting, but I’m obsessed. I may be even more obsessed with her than I am with food. That’s a first! As much as I would like to think that I would choose my husband over nacho fries, I think that would be a bold faced lie. Anything fry related would always top him. But now that I have a daughter…fries come second. Having a child is so freaking cool. I’ve never cared for babies, I could really care less about holding any of my friend’s children, but my own…WOW. I could care less about the lack of sleep because I just want to be there for her whenever she needs me. If that means bouncing on a stability ball at 3am until she falls asleep, so be it! I know I’m going to miss these moments when they are gone. You know what I do not miss, though? Being pregnant. I do, however, miss these nacho fries. I know what I have planned this weekend!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- 20oz frozen waffle fries*
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasonings
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
For the cheese sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon gluten free flour
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 4oz raw cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bake fries according to directions on packaging.
- While the fries bake, place ground beef in a medium nonstick pan over medium heat. Break beef apart and cook until no pink remains. Drain beef then add taco seasoning along with 1/3 cup water. Mix to combined then bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes, until thickened. Set aside over low heat.
- Lastly, in a medium pan over medium heat, add fat and gluten free flour. Whisk to combined. Slowly pour in milk and whisk once again. Add in cheese, paprika, and salt then mix until cheese has melted.
- Arrange fries on a plate, top with taco meat, pour cheese sauce on top, then top with some sour cream and green onions!
*Choose whatever fries you prefer or you can always make your own!
What I Used To Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Spicy Curry Duck Fat Shoestring Fries
Crockpot Carne Asada Loaded Fries
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!