SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Jalapeño Popper Potato Salad
Labor Day is this weekend. You know what I would like to do? Absolutely nothing. I think I’ve tapped out with social engagements. I’ve gone to 3 concerts, hosted many many people at my house, met my friend for early morning walks, met my other friends for rollerskating, met friends for lunch…coffee…dinners, I’ve done favors for my friends, gone to dinner parties, traveled for their weddings, and about a million other moments in between. It’s been a social AF summer, which is what I had hoped for when summer began. But since I am very much an introvert who thrives in moments of solitude, I’m tapped out. My body is saying no more and I finally have to listen. Sleep has become more important, work needs to take the priority for a while, and I need a house with no sounds whatsoever.
That being said, we are hosting our monthly “family dinner” night at our house this Saturday with probably 11 or more people and it’s luau themed soooooo yeah. I’m the bane of my own existence. Someday I’ll sit in silence. Someday.
Can you believe it’s Labor Day this weekend? And don’t we say that every year? As adults, I think the one thing we are constantly surprised by is how time goes by so fast, yet it does every year so why are we always so surprised by it? Do you think it’s one of those topics that adults talk to each other about because we know the other person will be able to relate? Like the weather. I think I’m going to drop saying, “Wow, this month flew by” and start saying, “Wow, I did so much cool shit this month.” That may be a lie, but I’m working hard in my 30s to ensure that’s not the case. I have a laundry list of cool shit I want to do with my life and I’m making sure every month gets me a step closer to those goals. And one of my goals for this September is to come up with different recipes that I’ve had on my idea list for months now, but haven’t tackled. Kind of like this insanely delicious, stupid simple potato salad. I may not be making this potato salad for Labor Day since I’ll be making Hawaiian food and specialty cocktails instead, but I hope you make it. Because the thing about potato salad…it’s just lovely. And making your own is WAY better than store-bought. So do me and your guests a favor this weekend and try this recipe out. And go live your best social or anti-social dreams this weekend. I hope it’s as mediocre or amazing as you would like it to be.
Jalapeño Popper Potato Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 1 pound bacon
- 3 jalapeños, halved
- avocado oil spray
- 2 pounds gold potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (dairy or dairy-free substitute)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Place a large pot of water over high heat on the stovetop. Add a pinch of salt and cover to bring to a boil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet then place bacon and halved jalapeños (skin side up) on the baking sheet. Spray the jalapeños with just a little bit of avocado oil spray. Place in the oven to baking for 15-20 minutes.*
- Once the pot of water is boiling, add the potatoes, cover, and let cook for 15-20 minutes, until fork tender. Drain potatoes then place in a shallow dish and into the fridge to cool for 10 or more minutes.
- Once the bacon and jalapeños are done cooking, chop both into small pieces. Then dice up the red onion and chives.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayo, greek yogurt, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. When the potatoes have cooled, add them to the large bowl along with the bacon, jalapeños, and chives. Mix to combined. Place in the fridge to cool more before serving!
*This time may range depending on the thickness/thinness of the bacon, so just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t burn.
What I Used To Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!