I’m a big biscuits and gravy lover. But I’ve never seen a gluten free biscuits and gravy recipe while out at a restaurant, so I have to make my own. And sometimes biscuits and gravy itself just won’t do. So I make things like my Biscuits & Gravy Pizza or my Biscuits & Gravy Casserole. Both I highly recommend make this weekend. Hell, make all three of these biscuits & gravy recipes and go live your best life!! It hit 40 degrees here in a Colorado a couple days ago which means it’s time to hibernate anyways. It’s time to bunker down under 16 fleece blankets, put on cry-worthy movies, and eat anything biscuits and gravy related underneath them. That’s what winter means, right?
I really wish I appreciated fall more. But the dark mornings have me getting out of bed at 6:30am instead of 5:30am. Sure, I could set an alarm, but I swear every time I hear an alarm sound, my body dies just a little bit earlier. Science. Which isn’t a great thing since I had my alarm set at 4am for YEARS when I was still coaching CrossFit. I may die by 60 because of it. Science. But since I’m hoping not to die by 60, I don’t set an alarm and I usually wake up stupid early without one. But now with these dark fall mornings, my body screams HELL NO at me when I try to wake up before 6am. Cool story, bro.
Speaking of science, have you guys watched One Strange Rock on Netflix yet? Every single time I watch it, my brain falls out of my ears. My brain literally can’t comprehend some of the things I’m seeing on the TV screen so it just turns to goo and falls out of my ears. Science. It is one of the coolest shows I’ve ever watched. I’ve never been big into religion or spirituality, but it makes me feel like I’m part of the earth. Like my body dies, becomes the earth, and I come back as something else. I know that sounds crazy to some, but you have to watch this show and see how it makes you feel. It makes me feel so small and insignificant, but in a good one. I love it so much. And Will Smith narrates it. Will Smith can do no wrong.
Since we are on the Netflix train, let’s keep on it. What are you current favorite shows? Obviously The Office is at the top of my list, then New Girl, Shameless, Planet Earth, Working Moms, Wentworth, Great British Baking Show, and I just started watching Unbelievable. And really any crime related shows. What are you watch right now? Got any other shows that will make my brain melt out of my head? Let’s hear it!!
- 1/2 pound gold potatoes, cubed (cut it nice and small)
- 1 jalapeño, diced (make sure the pieces are big enough that they don't fall through the wire basket in the air fryer)
- 3 tablespoons Primal Kitchen High Heat Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the sausage gravy
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 1/2 cup cashew milk
- lots of salt and pepper
- 4 eggs, for topping (one egg per person)
- fresh chives, roughly chopped
- Cube potatoes in small pieces. You want these pieces to be small and cubed evenly to help with reducing cooking time and evenly cooking throughout.
- In a bowl, toss potatoes and jalapeño in Primal Kitchen High Heat Avocado Oil and then add salt and garlic powder, and toss.
- Pull out air fryer with wire basket inside. Place potatoes and jalapeño inside and spread out evenly throughout the wire basket. Close air fryer then turn temperature on air fryer up to 390 degrees and time up to 25 minutes and press start. Keep an eye on the time because you will want to pause the air fryer every 5 minutes and toss the potatoes to make sure they cook evenly throughout.
- Once the potatoes begin to cook, place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add the breakfast sausage. Break up sausage into small pieces and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on a paper towel.
- To the pan with the remaining fat (you will need 3-4 tablespoons of fat, so if you do not have enough, add some at this point) add in sage, rosemary and fennel and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Then whisk in tapioca flour, slowly adding it as you whisk. Once completely added, add the almond flour and whisk to combined. Then slowly pour in the cashew milk while continually whisking. Once combined, add the sausage back in, along with a hefty pinch of salt and pepper and lower the heat to let mixture reduce for about 5 minutes at a low heat. Taste to see if it needs any more salt and pepper and add if needed.
- While the gravy reducing, place a nonstick pan over medium-low heat, grease, then crack however many eggs into the pan (1 egg per person). Let the eggs cook low and slow. This will cook the whites while leaving the yolks runny.
- When the potatoes are finished cooking, place in a bowl, top with a big spoonful of gravy, then an egg, and finish it off with fresh chives on top!
Fry It Up, Baby!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Breakfast / Party / Pork