SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Hair Products I’m Loving Lately (+ The Main Thing That Has Improved My Hair SO Much)
Thank you to LIV Sotheby’s International Realty for letting me to take photos in their beautiful listing in Cherry Creek North. To find out more about the home click here!
Never in my life have I received compliments about my hair. I’ve always had pretty fine hair and I had some issues with it breaking while I went through accutane and dealt with some adrenal fatigue. And I’ve also never had hair that grew very much. It just always stayed at my shoulders no matter what I seemed to do. But that all seemed to change once I met my hairstylist and started listening to my friends who told me that collagen was not only great for your skin and nails, but also for hair growth!
So just a little background on my own hair – I’m a natural blonde. I’ve dyed my hair brown since I was 15 and I dye it every 3 weeks at this point. It’s quite annoying, but I never felt like myself when I was blonde. Plus, my hair was always pretty damaged from bleaching it to get it to a blonde color I liked. I just feel more comfortable and confident with brown hair so it’s worth the extra time and money to have it colored regularly. I also have to tint my eyebrows since they are a little lighter in color, as well. Wanna see my blonde hair? Let’s do a side-by-side from my 15 year old, gaged-ears days. And no need to tell me you like me better as a blonde. It’s so weird when people say that type of stuff. And yes, I got my eyebrows microbladed and talk about it in this post! The 90’s were cruel.
I started adding collagen to my diet about a year ago and ever since, my hair has become thicker, shinier, smoother and longer. It’s pretty rad. I mentioned that I never use to receive compliments about my hair and now I usually get one at least once a day! And I absolutely think it’s due to the collagen I add to my coffee every morning, even when I’m traveling. I like to use either Vital Proteins Pasture-Raised, Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides or Great Lakes Pasture-Raised, Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides and use about a tablespoon or two in my coffee every morning. If it’s in hot coffee, it’s dissolves right in. But I find that I need to blend cold coffee to get the collagen smooth throughout – just a heads up. And even though I rarely make protein shakes for post workout meal, if I ever do, I use collagen! You can see all the benefits about collagen in this post. I really do think collagen is amazing and I’m a huge believer that it makes a difference, which is why I have it every.single.day.
And even though collagen has been incredibly beneficial for my hair, I definitely believe that products go a long way, as well. I’m all about natural and clean products, but I also just love products that just work. And these products crush it. Just a heads – I wash my hair MAYBE twice a week. Maybe. I just find it pointless to wash my hair if I’m just going to work out the next day and get it sweaty and greasy all over again. That being said, I also work for myself, at home, with no one to report to or dress up for. Which means I can be as gross as I want. Anywho, to keep my hair from getting too sketchy and grease-tastic, I immediately take my hair out of a ponytail once I finish my workout. I highly recommend this. It lets your hair air dry quicker and keeps it from accumulating excess oil, it prevents the huge dent from the ponytail, and it keeps your hair from creating a callick. Plus, keeping your hair in a constant ponytail, bun or headband can create breaks and damage, so it helps relieve some of those issues.
To review – #1 collagen, #2 let your hair down, girrrrl, #3 PRODUCTS.
Even though I only wash my hair once or twice a week, I really love the shampoo and conditioner I’ve been using for over a year now. I keep trying different brands and go back to this brand over and over. Colorado is incredibly dry and I feel like the conditioner is great at rehydrating the hair while the shampoo pulls out any grease left behind from workouts.
- Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Shampoo – This shampoo gives your hair plenty of moisture while still rinsing clean and getting rid of any excess oil.
- Biolage Ultra Hydrasource Conditioner – Since my hair is so dry and fine, this conditioner (which I usually leave in for 5 minutes before rinsing) hydrates your hair and keeps moisture locked in even after it’s rinsed out.
As far as other products go, these are the ones I use every time I wash my hair:
- Unite 7Second Detangler – As soon as I hop out of the shower, I spray this in my hair right away. Not only does it help detangle, but it also protects your hair from the heat, repairs and strengthens hair, and it helps lock it color!
- Unite Argan Oil – Before I dry my hair, I smooth this oil through the ends of my hair. This oil makes your hair extra shiny, it seals and repairs the cuticle, protects it from heat, and it’s suppose to help reduce blow-drying time.
- J Beverly Hills Lift Up – And the last product I use right before I blow dry is this volumizing foam. Since my hair is pretty fine, it lays flat to my head if I don’t use this product. This adds volume and fullness and helps with styling. It also doesn’t weigh your hair down!
And now let’s talk about the products I pretty much have to use DAILY to keep it looking slightly fresh.
- Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast – My MIL introduced me to this product and I’m simply obsessed. Not only does it smell seriously amazing, but it gives your hair instant volume and texture. Since my hair is pretty fine, this has been a game changer. This is truly my favorite product out of everything I use. Get it. It’s so great.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo – After falling in love with the volume blast, I decided to give their dry shampoo a chance and so far, I love it! It works great and smells great! It still does spray a bit of white if you aren’t careful, so keep that in mind.
- ColorProof Hairspray – I loooooove this brand. I’m not a person who uses hairspray every single day, but if I’m shooting cooking videos or want my hair to stay in place, this brand does the trick without making your hair feel extra stiff. You can still brush your hair with this hairspray in it, which is why I love it on cooking video days when I’m trying to keep it styled for 7 hours straight!
I use to think that hair didn’t need a routine. That it would just take care of itself. But sadly, that’s just not true! The more you take care of it (and take care of yourself), the more your hair will thrive. And this is coming from a person who use to say that my hair just never grew. I stick with a pretty strict skin regimen and that regimen has made SUCH a difference, so I’m trying to do the same with my hair, too. If you’re not on the collagen train yet, I couldn’t recommend it more. And this is coming from a person who doesn’t take any sort of supplements or vitamins.
I hope this post is helpful and let me know if you have any sort of questions! And I definitely recommend going in to a salon or to your hairstylist to find these products because many are only sold either on their website or in a salon, not through a third party!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for the support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!