How I Make My Husband’s Oatmeal
My breakfast these days are pretty boring – beans, rice, and some sort of protein. That’s about it. But my husband mixes his breakfast menu up daily. One day he has a potato hash, other days he makes a scramble, and when he’s short on time he makes oatmeal. A while back he decided he wanted to start eating oatmeal and asked me to help him come up with his morning recipe. So I added everything I would prefer to be eating with my oatmeal instead of beans. That means lots of peanut butter, chocolate, and my favorite granola. And, of course, flake salt. If you’re not adding flake salt to your chocolatey oatmeal AND your ice cream, you’re doing it wrong.
There are a few must-haves for this recipe:
- Further Food Chocolate Collagen Peptides – This collagen makes for the most chocolatey flavor without a ton of excess sugar
- Purely Elizabeth GF Granola – I prefer the original granola for this recipe, but any flavor will do. It has the perfect amount of sweet and salty in it.
- Peanut Butter – I LOVE Whole Foods 365 Crunchy PB. All it has in it is peanuts and salt. No oils, no sugars, no bullshit.
- Flake Salt – Don’t you dare skip this part. Don’t you goddamn do it.
If you have all those things in your oatmeal, your life will be full of happiness. I promise you.
And since this post is all the hubs, I probably should give a little shout out to that guy who rarely gets any screen time on the blog. And by rarely, I mean never. But even though he’s behind the scenes, we are around each other more than ever. He quit his job over a year ago and has been around the house ever since (after rarely seeing him when he worked almost 7 days/week) and luckily I love being around him. I know almost everyone was forced to be around their spouse 24/7 once quarantine and I know many couples that did not love it, but I thankfully did. He helps around the house, he helps me with work, we started new routines together – it’s been pretty rad to know that I love being around the guy I married. That’s always a comforting thought. We even started running sprints together to challenge each other. Couples who sprint together don’t kill each other, just facts. Now I’m going to go make him a bowl of these oats while I ask him to hang a mirror for me. Bribes are a must in marriage.
How I Make My Husband’s Oatmeal
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute 30 seconds
- Total Time: 6 minutes 30 seconds
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- 2/3 cup oat or almond milk
- 1 scoop chocolate collagen powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
For the toppings
- In a blender, blend together milk, collagen, maple syrup, peanut butter, flaxseed, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a bowl, combined the oats and liquid and mix together. Place in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Top oatmeal with granola, cacao nibs, hemp hearts, and flake salt. Eat up!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!