SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Leftovers: Brazilian Curry Chicken
So if you haven’t figured out what leftovers is by now, you’re a little late to the party. It’s cool. You brought beer right? Kidding. I hate beer. It tastes like feet water. Don’t say no. I’m right. Maybe it’s because I’m so young, I still don’t like the taste of alcohol. Maybe. Or maybe because I’d rather waste my calories away on dark chocolate binges and late night serenades with sea side cheddar. Mmmm I love seaside cheddar.
Holy crap, I didn’t even tell you what leftovers means. No, it’s not the leftovers I had in my fridge. It’s a meal I have made in the past, loved, and wanted to make again since my pictures sucked ass back then. This post shows the disgusting picture that was taken back in the day when I was working 4 jobs and only used my camera phone at 5am. So, anyone who still had the balls to try out the recipe, EVEN AFTER looking at the picture, I love you. And applaud your bravery.
I fasted yesterday. A really long time. Like 26 hours long time. I’m going to teach you something so you never make the same mistake I do. So listen closely.
Do not, I repeat DO NOT, fast for 26 hours, while on your monthly gift, and attempt a Regionals wod…all on a Monday. Just don’t do it. Yes, I understand I just lost 10 male readers purely on the fact I said “monthly gift”, but I do not care. It’s all a terrible idea and I wish it on no one. I cried staring at the pull up bar. I cried sitting on the floor after the workout. I cried on my drive home to fix my makeup. AND I cried while doing my makeup. Are you serious Juli? Get your sh*t together. You’ve had your monthly gift, MONTHLY, for 10+ years now. If you don’t know how to control your emotions at this point, there’s no hope.
On the up side…oh wait…there is no up side. I’m kidding people, I’m not that negative. Up side: it was super hot today and my pants got so sweaty, it looked like I peed myself. Always searching for the awkward happiness in the small thing. Positive Polly right here.Print
Leftovers: Crockpot Brazilian Curry Chicken
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 1.5–2 lbs chicken breasts (or whatever suits your fancy)
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 4–6 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 bell peppers, chopped into 1 cubes (i used yellow and red)
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- dash of red pepper flakes
- Grab out your crockpot!! Wooooo crock pot time!
- Add in the coconut milk, tomato paste, garlic, ginger, curry powder, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and whisk together.
- Add in peppers and onions.
- Next, add in chicken and pour broth over the chicken.
- Mix all ingredients together to completely cover the chicken in the curry mixture.
- Cover and cook at low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Then eat it in a cute Tupperware bowl. Or plate….be that way.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!