Welp, I’m back on track since my stomach flu hit on Monday afternoon. The stomach flu is the absolute worst. It hits you like a bus, you can’t keep anything inside your body, you have body aches, a high temperature, then chills. It’s a real party. At least it’s over in 36 hours. The problem is now I can’t seem to stomach savory food after eating salmon and salad right before the stomach flu hit. So all I want is gluten free granola or sheep’s milk yogurt or gluten free bread with almond butter and jam because it’s all I can stomach without gagging. It’s all quite lovely.
I even had a huge bowl of this soup left in the fridge and had to throw it out because it was grossing me out. What a shame.
Speaking of this recipe, this one is totally inspired by The Pioneer Woman! I absolutely love that woman. She’s just adorable. And I love watching her show on the Food Network. And the other day, she was making quick and easy meals and she made this soup! I had never heard of it before but was intrigued as soon as she said curry. I’m down for anything curry related, whether it’s Thai or Indian. And when she made it in 16 minutes, I knew I had to try it myself. But I put my own little spin on it. So thank you for the inspiration, Ree Drummond. And thanks for being the cutest human on television.
OMG you guys…we have a hot tub!! I’m so pumped!! I’ve only been in it once since I got sick right after it was finally warm, but that one dip was magical. Especially since it’s 1 degree outside right now. One. What’s even the point of that temperature? It’s pointless. I always forget how gross Colorado can be at times since it’s so wonderful most of the time. But luckily, this winter can’t get me down because my new hobby is hot tubbing. What am I gonna do on football Sundays? My new hobby, duh. Brunch, work, hot tub, nap. Sundays are finally perfect because of this new hot tub. And my marriage is even better because of it! Winning!
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 medium carrot, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper, to taste,
- 1 green apple, diced
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- lime wedges, for garnish
- Place a large pot over medium heat. Add ghee along with the onion and carrot and saute until onion becomes translucent, at least 5 minutes. Then add in chicken and garlic and cook chicken until it's no longer visibly pink, about 7-8 minutes, then add curry powder and mix to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, coconut milk, honey, salt and pepper, and green apple, mix to combine, then let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the mixture has reduced by ⅓.
- To serve, squeeze fresh lime juice on top along with some cilantro then eat up!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Chicken / Soups