Posted by https://paleomg.com/lemon-curd-custard-ice-cream/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Lemon Curd Custard Ice Cream
- Make lemon curd and set in the fridge to cool.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, add coconut milk and maple sugar. Whisk continuously until sugar melts and everything is combine.
- Then in a bowl, whisk together egg yolks for about 1 minute. Pour egg yolks into saucepan and continuously whisk for 3-4 minutes. When you have 1 minute left, add the vanilla extract, lemon zest and salt and whisk again.
- Lastly, pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Once strained, cover and place in refrigerator to cool for 1-2 hours.
- Once ice cream mixture is cool, follow directions on ice cream maker to make ice cream. When ice cream has become thick (which is about 15-20 minutes with my ice cream maker) pour in the lemon curd to let churn with ice cream for about 1 minute until incorporated. Serve immediately for more of a soft serve ice cream or place in closed container in the freezer to set.