Mocha Hazelnut Energy Balls
I am sleeeeeepy this morning. Last night I popped some NyQuil since I’ve been waking up with a sore throat in the mornings this past week. My husband had food poisoning (but maybe it was the stomach flu) then I ended up seeing 50 Shades Darker with a few friends who were coughing a bit, so I finally caught something. Damn winter. It’s seriously the pits. So I’m having a hard time keeping my eyes open to write this post. No seriously, I keep falling asleep every 4 words. This post may be short lived….
So instead of talking about what’s going on in life, let’s just talk about these balls. I’ve become obsessed with making energy balls as a little treat. I’ll make them, keep them in the fridge, and eat them as a treat after dinner before I head off to bed. I seriously love them right now! And I linked a couple others that I’ve made so you should totally make those, too! Have a little ball party! Have a ball of a time! HA! See what I did there?!
OMGIWANTTOSEEBEAUTYANDTHEBEASTSOBAD!! I’m seriously counting down the days until Beauty and The Beast comes out. I couldn’t even tell you how many times I’ve seen the cartoon version and I think Emma Watson is going to crush it. I get chills every time I see the commercial? How weird is that?
Ok, that’s literally all my brain can handle today. I’ve fallen asleep already 6 times while writing this post. Sickness is so gross. I hate it. Ok, love you, bye bye, see you tomorrow, tomorrow will be better, go kick Thursday’s ass!
Mocha Hazelnut Energy Balls
- Yield: 14-15 balls 1x
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut butter (I used this brand or make your own from Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook on page 292)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (except for the chocolate chips) and pulse until completely combine. Then fold in chocolate chips until combine.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop mixture then press mixture firmly in the cookie scoop. Remove then form ball with hands. Repeat until all mixture is gone, about 14-15 energy balls.
- Place in fridge to firm up for about 30 minutes. And store in fridge until serving!
More Balls, Please!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!