Posted by https://paleomg.com/mojo-pork-bowls/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
8 hours 30 minutes
16 hours 45 minutes
For the mojo pork
- 1 head garlic (about 8 cloves)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 (3 pound) bone-in pork butt or shoulder
- 1 teaspoon salt
1 batch Air Fryer Sweet Plantains
For the cauliflower rice
For the garnishes
- Place garlic, olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Place pork in a large resealable bowl, pour the mojo sauce over the top, cover and place in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Place pork in the slow cooker*, pour the marinade on top, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours, until the meat is falling off the bone. Use 2 forks to shred the meat. Set aside.
- Make air fryer sweet plantains.
- While the plantains cook, add 2 tablespoons of ghee to a large bowl over medium heat, then add cauliflower rice, garlic powder and salt. Cook for about 15 minutes, tossing to keep the cauliflower rice from browning too much.
- Once the sweet plantains have about 10 minutes left to cook, place a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add 3-4 tablespoons of ghee then add the shredded pork in one flat layer and press down. After about 5 minutes, flip the shredded pork over and cook for another 5 minutes, until extra crispy on both sides.
- Make bowls - cauliflower rice, sweet plantains, crispy pork, avocado, cilantro, red pepper flakes, then use a spoon to spoon the mojo pork liquid from the slow cooker over the pork before serving!
*If you would prefer to cook your pork in the instant pot, sear the pork in the instant pot first, then set on high pressure for 75 minutes and let pressure release for 30 minutes before removing and shredded. This time may range depending on the size of your roast.