It’s cominggggggg!! My 3-Month Power Program releases this month and I’m getting so excited! It will consist of workouts that can be done at home or in a gym, with minimal equipment! Some workouts will be completely strength and others will be a sweaty HIIT workout. And you’ll have a video to watch of each workout so you can see how to properly complete every movement! We are getting so close to launch now, I’m just making sure everything is perfect before it goes live! So excited to share it with you guys!
But in the meantime, here’s a little workout I filmed back in September that really started getting me excited about putting together a fitness program! This workout can be completed with just one kettlebell! That’s truly all you need! And luckily kettlebells are pretty affordable these days. I can’t tell you what is the best weight for you, but I’m sure it will range somewhere between 10lbs and 45lbs. But having heavier weights around is never a bad thing since it’s something to work towards as you continue working out!
This workout below consists of 5 kettlebell movements. You’ll be working just about everything throughout the movements. Some of these movements really test your flexibility and balance, which is why they are a bit more complicated and advanced compared to a normal kettlebell swing. Remember to start light in weight, always keep the core engaged, and dial in each movement before increasing in weight. Here is a video below, in case you’re more of a visual learner like me!
5 rounds of:
- 5 Kettlebell Snatch into Reverse Lunge then Press
- 10 Single Leg Kettlebell Deadlift (each side)
- 12 Total Kettlebell Halos
- 15 Double Kettlebell Swings (2 swings = 1 rep)
- 20 Kettlebell Ballistic Row
Tips and Tricks:
- Kettlebell Snatch into Reverse Lunge then Press – Back is flat when leaning over to pick up the kettlebell, explode through the hips while keeping the kettlebell close to the body. As you punch to the kettlebell to the ceiling, step back with the same foot, keeping the chest tall and making sure the front knee isn’t tracking in front of the toe. Stabilize before pressing once more, making sure to not arch the back.
- Single Leg Kettlebell Deadlift – Keep the back flat, send the back leg as high as you can without changing form. Squeeze the butt to stand.
- Kettlebell Halos – Engage the core, tucking the ribcage down the entire movement. Without arching the back, slowly move the kettlebell around the head while trying to not move any other part of the body in the meantime.
- Double Kettlebell Swings – I saw this movement on instagram a while back and fell in love with it. Perform a Russian kettlebell swing (making sure the back stays flat the entire movement), then as you go into one more swing, drop the hips into a squatting position, keeping the chest tall and back flat throughout the movement. Remember to utilize the hips to thrust the kettlebell forward, instead of the back.
- Kettlebell Ballistic Row – First set up in a bent over position, keeping the back flat. Pull the kettlebell with one hand, in an explosive movement, switching hands as you pull closely to the chest.
Hope you guys like this workout and I hope it gets you SO EXCITED for my upcoming 3-month program! I can’t wait for you guys to get your hands on it and hear what you think!
Cooking Videos / Weekly Workouts