These wings are what sticky and messy wing dreams are made of. Make sure you wash your hands before you dig into these because your hands will be covered in this sauce and you’ll want to slurp every every bit that’s left behind. Wait. I said slurp and I’m grossed out now. What a disgusting word. But there’s really no better word to explain this sauce. It’s so damn good. It’s the same sauce I use for my Pad Thai Casserole and it can really go on top of anything. I’ve put it on pork chops and rotisserie chicken and it would be BOMB with shrimp. Just saying. Make every, slurp daily.
Well we are officially off to Costa Rica! Yesterday was our 1 year wedding anniversary and it was spent working, working out and running errands. But now our bags are packed and we are ready to enjoy time together, just the two of us, exploring a place that we have made no plans in! I’m so pumped for that. I’m looking forward to coffee at a local coffee shop, surfing, zip lining, maybe ATVing and eating my weight in plantains.
I wish I had more to say but I’m in vacation moooooode! But not to worry, I still have all my posts ready to go for you guys while I’m gone. A new fashion post tomorrow, more recipes next week, podcasts, and everything in between! Until tomorrow, Pura Vida!
No wait, stop what you’re doing and go make these wings! GO!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the pad thai sauce
- 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
For the toppings
- Place an oven rack in the top position and preheat the oven to 400 degree F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Grease wire rack. Place the chicken wings on the wire rack and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Bake for 50 minutes or until crispy.
- When wings have about 10 minutes left, place all ingredients for the pad thai sauce into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour sauce in a large bowl then add wings to the bowl and toss to coat. Then sprinkle with jalapeños, cashews, sriracha and red pepper flakes and squeeze fresh lime juice on top!
- Wash your hands then eat up and prepare to have extra dirty afterwards!
More Pad Thai, Please!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Chicken / Party